The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that almost every start up and drive, (first mile or so), that my car seems to want more air/fuel or something. It is fine after it is warmed up and does not stall at stop lights etc.?? Anyone else have this before and if so what was the cause ?? Is she just Cold Blooded?? for the first while in the mornings.. ?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It seems that almost every start up and drive, (first mile or so), that my car seems to want more air/fuel or something. It is fine after it is warmed up and does not stall at stop lights etc.?? Anyone else have this before and if so what was the cause ?? Is she just Cold Blooded?? for the first while in the mornings.. ?:shrug:
There was an ECU reflash that helped that, but even so they tend to be cranky until warmed up.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Welcome to LEV3 emissions, there is a newer flash that can help, but the first 30 seconds is anyones game.

If you let it idle 30 seconds without touching the throttle at all, and it still has running issues, its more likely to be in need of the update. If however it runs fine then it is normal.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

ok thanks .. it's usually just the first little while, it does idle ok in that first while but it's just the take off to third gear that stutters.. Much thanks though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine does the same thing, she needs a hot second to warm up. I thought maybe it was my Fujita, but realized it did it a little before that install anyways.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine too. I always get a stumble or two in the first minute or two.. Treat her kindly until the temps show on the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts