The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
What is an F1's weight distribution? (50/50?)
Not even close. Ask yourself: If an F1 car had 50/50 mass distribution, why are the front tires so much smaller than the rears?

·
Premium Member
11,583 Posts
Riley & Scott, builders of championship winning cars said they wanted 56% of weight on rear tires. That was yrs ago, so I don't know if number changed.

·
Registered
723 Posts
2017 and 2019 spin examples. ;)
Jesus christ your car has some bad tendencies. Maybe consider some setup changes. I remember watching your videos before buying my Elise, and thinking the thing was going to be uncontrollable.

I've spun it a couple times, but I've saved it a hell of a lot more often then not, and one spin was due to Ice mode

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You are getting the wrong impression. Read the descriptions of the vids. I don't spin all the time for no reason. There are 100s of spins that don't make it on my videos because I am not around the people while they are spinning. I think most would spin if driving on cords or through other's oil or coolent etc. Sometimes I drive past my limit to see if I can make it.. member days, no one else on track, etc. Trust me if there were walls around the tracks I frequent I wouldn't be putting myself in these situations. Anyway all good the car is fine and I am as well.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts