The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
really comes down to supply and demand.

and the fact that nearly 9 years after I bought my low miles '05 for $35k, that it's worth the same,. is definitely indicative that there's something special about these cars.

- which you really don't see with many other vehicles out there.

It might take some time before these cars start selling for more than original sticker price, but it's nice to know it very well might be heading in that direction (for clean cars at least)

- tho I don't see myself ever selling either, as nothing new out there really has the same appeal.

(maybe if Tesla and Lotus come out with a new low cost roadster? ;) )

I intimately understand supply and demand, and agree that these cars are unique. I guess my point is we are looking at a reasonably high demand, but WE set the prices. Most of us feel comfortable selling out cars for the price we bought them for. $30kish. But these cars are selling for more than that in a lot of cases.

So, are we artificially depressing prices by not being able to get over the mental hurtle of selling our cars for more than we bought them for?

(Also, Tesla said they would never use a lotus again as they had to change too much on the car to make it work)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I intimately understand supply and demand, and agree that these cars are unique. I guess my point is we are looking at a reasonably high demand, but WE set the prices. Most of us feel comfortable selling out cars for the price we bought them for. $30kish. But these cars are selling for more than that in a lot of cases.

So, are we artificially depressing prices by not being able to get over the mental hurtle of selling our cars for more than we bought them for?

(Also, Tesla said they would never use a lotus again as they had to change too much on the car to make it work)
I think that's the definition of supply and demand. I wouldn't call it artificial. It's like pawn stars or auctions. The true worth is what it sold for. If you don't find any that sold for $25k, then it's obviously a higher value.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think that's the definition of supply and demand. I wouldn't call it artificial. It's like pawn stars or auctions. The true worth is what it sold for. If you don't find any that sold for $25k, then it's obviously a higher value.

Right, proving my point. Since some Elise's (ELISES!!) are selling for $40k+ right now.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts