The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok: I have read that some think the Evora is a suppercar, some think it is an exotic car and some think it's a nice looking car with a Toyota engine and in no way a suppercar. What do the owners think? What makes up a suppercar?

Is the Evora a exotic or a suppercar?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I don't think it's a suppercar. A brunchcar maybe. Definitely a midnightsnackcar, but not a suppercar.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'll agree, you shouldn't eat supper in the Evora...You might drop your wings on the floor....it could get messy.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hey Andy, this going to wind up in a certain 'Follies' thread? :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I like exotic suppers.
I'm going to drive an Evora while eating a Bahn-mi with a side of Aloo Ghobi and a nice bowl of Congee.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
oh man banh mi would be so good right now. oh a hot bowl of pho dac biet xe lua.

I don't suppose you could eat the latter in the Evora.. It'd be too crazy, you'd risk scalding beef broth all over your family jewels. Plus all those bits of flank and tendon would be hard to clean out if it got into your seatbelt. That wouldn't be good. I suppose if I drove really slowly and had my girlfriend feed me it could work. Hmmmm. I see one big problem though. There needs to be a cup holder for my soda chanh. Can't have pho dac biet w/o my soda chanh.. That wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No. It is not a supercar.

And supermodels are actually kind of creepy looking in real life. (most of them).

It's fun though, and that's all that matters.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
Exotic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK fine: Suppercar, supercar, I will not eat supper in my Evora but maybe dinner. Still Top Gear thinks the Evora has all the right makings of a supercar.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
OK fine: Suppercar, supercar, I will not eat supper in my Evora but maybe dinner. Still Top Gear thinks the Evora has all the right makings of a supercar.
It's a fast enough car... but the numbers are not that much better than the run of the mill sports sedan or compact coupe... and actually can be bested by some Z-car or Cayman.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here we go again this was all ready covered in thread 3 months ago:popcorn:
Who cares I dont get why it matters :shrug: I can say one thing its rare The engine is from a camry sorry this kills the total package IMO.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
The new top end is called a Hypercar

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
The new top end is called a Hypercar
From what I've seen, hyper cars are reserved for those that hit 0-60mph in under 3 seconds, and are rare and expensive, like the Noble M600, Veyron Gran Vitesse, etc.

More common exotics that are in the 3-4 second range for 0-60mph are still called super cars, e.g. 458, Gallardo, Aventador, M400, R8, etc.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
I think the only hyper cars are the Veyron, McLaren P1, Ferrari Enzo and Porsche 918 replacements. A Noble would never rank regardless of 0-60

1 - 20 of 47 Posts