The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant remember where I read that the Evora is considered a Supercar.
What exactly is a Supercar and what constitutes being able to classify any car as a Supercar.
Is the Evora classified as a Supercar, yes or no. :confused:
Thoughts and input.....................

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Precisely. Exotic yes, but definitely not a supercar. Same for the Elige.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I agree. Not enough of a HP monster to be Super.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Supercar? No.
Exotic? Yes.

Supercars should go 200+ MPH and be extremely rare IMO.
Wouldn't you consider a 458 a super car? Its not rare at all. I would say the extremely rare would apply to the hypercar classification like a Pagani, Bugatti, etc...

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Didn't want to be that^ guy. Sometimes we repeat conversations, it happens in real life too. We're just preparing for old age.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Exotic? Yes
Super Car? No
Super Handling Car? Yes

·
Registered
371 Posts
Definitely not a Supercar.

Supercar implies that it is both exotic and in the very top percentage of cars when it comes to speed (top speed, 0-60, 0-100 ect). The Evora, even in S form, can be beat by quite a significant amount of cars when it comes to "speed" even a lot of stock form German sedans.

Hypercar is technically $500k+ and fits the categories above.

Now EXOTIC. would just imply that its low production and rare to see which I would argue it is.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
It is a Super Car, but not a Supercar in my mind.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't believe there has ever been any set criteria for the Supercar, Hypercar, and now the Megacar monikers. I do think everyone is basically right so far though. Super car yes, but not a supercar.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love theses threads where people are so concerned about their cars being classified as "exotic" or a "supercar"

Does any of this stuff matter? No.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Thanks Chhirowolf. We have been round this a few times.

The Esprit will be our supercar. I still believe we'll see another iteration of it.

The 450 HP V8 Turbo Esprits were.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I love theses threads where people are so concerned about their cars being classified as "exotic" or a "supercar"

Does any of this stuff matter? No.
What else is there to talk about when we spend our days thinking about our cars? I was on a date the other night and the girl pointed out, 3 hrs in, that I spent most of the time lustfully gazing out the window at my car. Its not as fast as a 458 or MP4 in a straight line, but it does fill a void in my life as equal as either of those two would. I love that fking car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts