The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the posts I've seen on the Lotus aftermarket SC involve authorized dealer installation. Are dealers selling this kit over the counter? My car is out of warranty and I'd just kind of like to get to know the car better by doing my own install.

Also if it is available over the counter will any dealers decide to negotiate the price since their only involvement is handling the transaction? Typical OEM parts markup is generous, maybe this isn't treated the same.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
we do offer over the counter sale on the Super charger, but there is VERY little mark up because Lotus is trying to stay competitive with the aftermarket solutions. Call April in parts at FVMC and ask if she will help at all with the price. what is the worst she can say, no.

good luck,
T.J.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does the kit come with any instructions? I would imagine that most of the installation is pretty strightforward, but without a manual there could be some guesswork involved.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'm going to imagine that if it was available over the counter that it wouldn't be covered by much of a warranty (other than really gross manufacturers defects) if you did the install yourself. Just about anything that could go wrong could be attributed to 'mistakes during the install'.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
yes it does come with an instruction book, and there is no warranty on kits that are not installed by a factory trained technician.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is there any chance of getting an electronic copy of the instruction manual? It would be interesting to see what's involved in installing the kit. I'm debating between doing it myself or getting a dealer to do it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
unfortunatly they havent released the instructions in PDF form. There is only a paper manual that comes with the kit.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I find it weird anyone would make a manual, and then not have a PDF version out?

At my work place, when we create instructions, tutorials, or any type of phamplets, it's all done digitally. It is just as easy to print it out as it is to click on SAVE AS PDF, or print to the Adobe Acrobat PDF.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I find it weird anyone would make a manual, and then not have a PDF version out?
There is a PDF version of the manual floating around on the 'net. It was available when the kit first came out in Europe before it was available in the US. It is very detailed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are any special tools or equipment required to install the kit? Is there any need to drain or re-fill the cooling system?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts