The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know? Or they are releasing it as a track only and then in true Lotus style, release only 25 street legal cars for the US? I want to buy an exige 260s Limited Edition model but dont know if i should wait.....

:panic:

·
Registered
192 Posts
No its not coming stateside the airbag exemption has expired and was not renewed. You can get it but only as a track only car it cannot be driven on the streets.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Have a product and a market but NOT bring the product to said market? :huh:

Same engine (and likely emissions) as Evora which is already sold here.
Airbag technology doesn't seem to be a problem for the Evora either.

If Lotus stays around, I will bet the new Exige will come here.. it is just a matter of time.. but it could be a while. :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Ask lotus how many exige they sold since 2009 in the usa. Answer becomes more obvious.
Perhaps buyer's in the US believe a $70,000+ sports car should have at least a 6-cylinder. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
What market. For 50 folks that want one?? As for the number of cylinders, that is a stupid American trait. The NASCAR redneck mentality has set the American auto industry back 25-50yrs. Now its being proven all they care about are the wrecks!

·
He's on fire!
3,086 Posts
Perhaps buyer's in the US believe a $70,000+ sports car should have at least a 6-cylinder. :shrug:
Yea I agree with two more cylinders it would out sell the Camry!:rolleyes: I DO think 6cyl is more appealing to the US market, but the difference between selling 2 cars and selling 10 cars probably isn't too concerning to lotus.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Apply for a special license? Like the 'custom' car or 'kit' car license? I know if you can get it, it makes you smog exempt in California.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Apply for a special license? Like the 'custom' car or 'kit' car license? I know if you can get it, it makes you smog exempt in California.
Only if you swap engines with something from the 60s :rolleyes:.
(A turn-key car with an MSO sold by a recognized manufacturer cannot "magically" become a kit car.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts