The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the emissions testing station the attendant mentioned to me that the car was fitted with a Jaguar gas cap. I briefly researched and it appears some owners replace their gas caps with a Jaguar part. But what about the original one with the car? Was that also a Jaguar gas cap? Mine doesn't have any Jaguar branding, so I was impressed by the attendant's knowledge.

Basically, I'm wondering if the car I just bought still has the original cap or if a previous owner replaced it with a Jaguar part at some point.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It is the same part - and it's used on several cars. Jaguar is one - some VW Beetles use it, a couple of Acura's - and a few Fords too. I stumbled across that a couple of years ago in my quest for a locking gas cap (which I got for like 10 bucks - they're cheap).

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
229 Posts
Do you have the part number for the looking cap you are using?
I lost my cap on the way to the Lotus Limited Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock last weekend. I didn't realize it until I filled up just before getting to the track. Luckily my friend was following in his car so I sent him to the closest Napa and he was able to find a cap that seems to work after talking with the guy at Napa and crossing a few Stant part numbers found on Lotus Talk. Oddly it says it's for a 2003 Cadillac Escalade? No CEL yet so it must be doing it's job well enough but was thinking of getting a locking one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts