The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the stock Alpine better than the stock Blaupun-something system? I had the latter of the 2 in my old Elise and as most stated it was terrible. I dont need the best sounding system but clarity is needed. Isn't the Alpine suppose to be the most upgraded that you can get from Lotus?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Is the stock Alpine better than the stock Blaupun-something system? I had the latter of the 2 in my old Elise and as most stated it was terrible. I dont need the best sounding system but clarity is needed. Isn't the Alpine suppose to be the most upgraded that you can get from Lotus?
There are quite a few different Alpine head units that were delivered as stock in the Elise/Exige. I consider myself lucky, I got the CDA-9820XM with the iPod interface... so I have AM/FM/XM/CD/iPod, all from the factory. The display is not as bling as the latest Alpines, and it's only got 18W/channel (and I've solved that problem with a 600W), but I really can't justify the hassle and expense to upgrade to a newer unit for a marginal interface improvement, and not much else. Upgrading your speakers and adding an amp are likely to improve the stereo more than an upgraded head unit.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I actually bought the same alpine unit now offered from lotus (coincidentally) and it works great, but.... You will need an amp if you want to hear it with the top off and no matter how good your speakers are (I have TOTL Boston Acoustics) they'll never sound that loud because they're too small.

Based on what you're saying, you'll probably be very happy with it if you also bought an amp. My 2c

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know which Alpine it is exactly because I have only seen it once and I will not have it for about a week. But I know that it does have an ipod adapter cable thats to the right of the HU in the little half tunnel holder. Hmmmm..... hope this one has the XM as well.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I dont know which Alpine it is exactly because I have only seen it once and I will not have it for about a week. But I know that it does have an ipod adapter cable thats to the right of the HU in the little half tunnel holder. Hmmmm..... hope this one has the XM as well.
It does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts