The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
First post here. I placed a deposit last week at Park Place (WA) but they wouldn’t guarantee MSRP. I read on some earlier post that someone has this in writing with them, but my understanding is that they’re not doing that anymore. So does anybody know if there is a dealer that guarantees MSRP these days? I may cancel my deposit with them if I find a better option.
Thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Yes, call around.

Your choice will revolve around distance, position on the new dealer's list, and your feeling about the dealer.

Symbolic in SoCal is a good choice and a nice drive up the coast.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I got it in writing at Mid Rivers Lotus last week. I didn't even have to ask for it. The salesperson took out the form, and wrote "price will not exceed MSRP" on it, before anything else.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ferrari of Denver puts it in writing that we will deliver your new Elise at MSRP, plus the deposit is refundable.
Although it is nice to shop around for a dealer that doesn't charge over MSRP, I wish Lotus would set territories that each dealer can sell into so it doesn't create a market like Bentley has floundered in the last several years.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Newport European will sell at MSRP. They didn't put it in writing, but I have a voicemail from my salesperson (Christine) who mentions she confirmed with her manager that they'll sell at MSRP. I'm making back-ups of that voicemail message! :p BTW, Newport European has 43 deposits. If you're interested in a nice "break-in" cruise up the coast to Washington, maybe you can pick it up in Newport Beach, CA!

Bob K.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Zookeeper said:
So does anybody know if there is a dealer that guarantees MSRP these days? I may cancel my deposit with them if I find a better option.
Thanks
ALL the decent dealers will sell at MSRP, Lotus reqested all of them to not price gouge. Personally I would never help improve the sales of any dealership involved in this despicable act.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Most dealers will sell a car to you at MSRP if you put a deposit down and take your place on their waiting list. When someone drops off of the waiting list, it is not uncommon (though there are exceptions) for the car due to be delivered to them to instead appear on the showroom floor at a price above MSRP rather than for the list to all be bumped up one spot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
As of yesterday Dimmitt had a AR, touring, hardtop Elise for sale on their lot. I believe it was for sale at the OLD MSRP even. They are displaying it at the Festival of Speed this weekend as "For Sale" if it lasts that long. I was there on my 4th test drive while I wait for my car. It was in port on February 19th so I'm going crazy!! :crazyeyes

·
Registered
235 Posts
Zookeeper said:
Hello everyone,
First post here. I placed a deposit last week at Park Place (WA) but they wouldn’t guarantee MSRP. I read on some earlier post that someone has this in writing with them, but my understanding is that they’re not doing that anymore. So does anybody know if there is a dealer that guarantees MSRP these days? I may cancel my deposit with them if I find a better option.
Thanks
I think what your dealer is saying he will sell at MSRP, however MSRP may (and probably will) change again prior to you receiving the car.

I don't believe any dealer will guarantee a specific price in these times of fluctioning US dollars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts