The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SPAX shocks on my 88, not certain if the car came with them or not, im guessing they are aftermarket, but they look like nice shocks, similar to what I have seen on sportbikes I have owned. On the bikes I have owned there is always a default setting on the spring preload and dampener setting. Is there a standard setting I can use on my Esprit with these shocks? I reason I ask is my car shakes a little and I've been dealing with it, but would like to attempt to tune the suspension a little, it feels like the front is what is shaking or more like bumping up and down at around 55-65 MPH under and over it is not as bad, may be my balance in the tires also but would like to know how to setup the suspension as well.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I liked mine all the way firm on the rear shocks, and 2 clicks softer in the front.

Sounds like you have too little rebound damping in the front, crank them firmer clockwise. Go all the was to fully clockwise on all 4, and then count your clicks down, then do the same to the others. Don't start from soft and count clicks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts