The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get the question going, I'm sure the answer is 'no', but is there a trailer hitch? It would be fun to be able to take a pair of bikes out to a park or something. I know the Kuat Alpha hitch is only 13 pounds, so I think the hitch would only need a tongue weight of less than 75 pounds or so.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
I know I've seen trailer hitches on this forum. I've also seen this:
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1347844178.711361.jpg
I use one of the SUV's for that job:)
Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an awesome solution, but i don't think it would work with an Evora! I thought there was an Elise/Exige solution, maybe it works for the Evora too. I'd normally use another car for bike transport too, but it looks like we will be a one car family for a while.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would like to know if anyone has tried the SeaSucker which looks like it could work.

I asked this question about a bike rack about a year ago and everyone said it can't be done. I didn't give up. I checked with Lotus UK but they responded by saying they do not recommend any type of rack be used on the Evora.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to see one of our vendors come up with a trailer hitch that would cover bike and ski racks and much more importantly give us an way to get our race rubber to the track.

·
Premium Member
6,587 Posts
Has anyone tried getting 4 tires in back yet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has anyone tried getting 4 tires in back yet?
I could get 4 wheels without tires mounted and that was pretty tight. I doubt I could get all 4 mounted in without pulling the passenger seat and rear seat out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would like to know if anyone has tried the SeaSucker which looks like it could work.

I asked this question about a bike rack about a year ago and everyone said it can't be done. I didn't give up. I checked with Lotus UK but they responded by saying they do not recommend any type of rack be used on the Evora.
JWA is right. The Seasucker racks work very well.

140mph demo

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I'm looking at SeaSucker to carry up to 2 bikes on my Evora (most times just 1, occasional 2). Both bikes are light carbon fiber things, so it won't be a weight issue.

I don't think I can use the Mini Bomber 2-bike holder because of the Evora's aerodynamic channel on the roof. So I'm looking at using two (2) Talon's, so one goes on each side.

Mini-Bomber Page (dual bike holder)
Mini Bomber | SeaSucker

Talon Page (single bike holder)
Talon | SeaSucker

Anyone here actually used these yet on the Evora?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The Evora roof is not designed to carry any load.
Whatever you try to mount there may fly of! :(
That may cause an accident! :mad:
Someone may get killed in that accident! -eek-
You may end up in jail! :clap:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Seriously?

The Evora is also not designed to be used on any track (see manual). Doing so may void the warranty and cause damage which makes it unsafe for road use. Yet people here still seem to... well, you get the idea.

So anyone use one of these SeaSuckers?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm looking at SeaSucker to carry up to 2 bikes on my Evora (most times just 1, occasional 2). Both bikes are light carbon fiber things, so it won't be a weight issue.

I don't think I can use the Mini Bomber 2-bike holder because of the Evora's aerodynamic channel on the roof. So I'm looking at using two (2) Talon's, so one goes on each side.

Mini-Bomber Page (dual bike holder)
Mini Bomber | SeaSucker

Talon Page (single bike holder)
Talon | SeaSucker

Anyone here actually used these yet on the Evora?
I bought a seasucker mount last year but never used it. All I did was a test fit of my Cervélo P5-Six on it. The roof is very thin and was advised not to do this. Here's the test fit photo I took. I never drove with this and have it just sitting in my garage. The curves on the roof with the size of the suction cups made it hard to mount. The mounts do have suction indicators. They hold very well however I'm not brave enough to drive out with it.

Here's a photo of it.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Thanks, very useful. I may get one for a test fitting too. Not talking about hauling 90 mph on an interstate, but going 45 back roads to a local bike path 20 minutes away. This could work nicely.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
You would be surprised how much drag a bike on the roof creates. My concern with the suction cup mounts is that the panels you're sticking them to may not be mounted strong enough for the force. With that said, it might work better to stick the front mount onto the top of the windshield if the roof is too thin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts