The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. My Evora was an "executive's car" which I also assume to mean that it has a part time press car as well. There is no CarFax on my car as it was never registered. (And, I checked that out before I bought it.) But, is there a way to tell who used it, which magazines it was loaned to, etc.?

There's nothing wrong with my car asides from a scuff on the side of the driver's seat. It runs stronger and shifts better than the new Evoras I've test drive at my local dealership. I'm just curious about it's past life.

I have an uncanny feeling this is my car. Motortrend's Epic Drive through the Rockies:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Certificate of provenance (and if its not on there ask andy) or see what Lcusa has to offer up

·
Registered
705 Posts
well, unless those plates are plates they put on all their test cars (dont see any special designation), then it cant be your car :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, unless those plates are plates they put on all their test cars (dont see any special designation), then it cant be your car :D
Hahaha. I need to pay attention to those little details. :) Wait, that would mean there are more Evoras optioned like mine?!!! rotfl

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I'm glad the story had a happy ending I had already contacted Homeland Security but like Lotus didn't get a return call...

·
Registered
303 Posts
My car was also an executive car, and I suspect it was a press car too, but I haven't seen any photos of it anywhere yet. I'd love to track down its history. The dealer gave me a car fax which showed it was originally delivered to Manhattan, spent about 800 miles there, and then I guess was driven to Atlanta where I bought it, and ironically drove it back to NYC.

I guess I should go to the Manhattan dealer and see of they could give me it's old records.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
480 Posts
The 2 main companies are Carfax and Autocheck. Usually if the car was never registered, It's unlikely either of the two would pick up anything. I have an Autocheck account (I'm an independent dealer), I can check it for you if you'd like. PM me the VIN and your e-mail address and i'll send you the report.

*Please don't flood my inbox with a million requests from many people looking for an Autocheck report...I'll do it here and there but I don't want it to get out of hand, as I pre-pay a certain amount of reports per month and have usually have a few to spare*

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 2 main companies are Carfax and Autocheck. Usually if the car was never registered, It's unlikely either of the two would pick up anything. I have an Autocheck account (I'm an independent dealer), I can check it for you if you'd like. PM me the VIN and your e-mail address and i'll send you the report.

*Please don't flood my inbox with a million requests from many people looking for an Autocheck report...I'll do it here and there but I don't want it to get out of hand, as I pre-pay a certain amount of reports per month and have usually have a few to spare*
Thank you for the offer. :) I did try to do a CarFax because I bought my Evora and because it was never registered, there was no report.

That said, I did receive a PM from someone "in the know" who advised me that my car was indeed the one in the video. The plates were dealer plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts