The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the aftermarket seats and it's clearly possible. I was looking at the rails on the stock seats but don't think so.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I checked the exact same thing when I got my car. Answer was "no". Seems stupid to me and rather unfortunate. And Lotus wonders why people buying Porsche's instead. :confused:

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I manually adjusted my Exige seat by adding shims in the rear and using longer bolts. Any reason you can't do the same thing?

San

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I manually adjusted my Exige seat by adding shims in the rear and using longer bolts. Any reason you can't do the same thing?

San
Thanks. I think that may be the only way to do it.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
For what's it's worth I got the same answer when I asked about adjusting the seat in the Exige. I wasn't content with the seat back angle. I wouldn't mind adjusting the steering column height as well.

San

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The mechanism would add a lot of weight to allow it to manually adjust... ya know - because 3k lbs is already too much :)

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
I checked the exact same thing when I got my car. Answer was "no". Seems stupid to me and rather unfortunate. And Lotus wonders why people buying Porsche's instead. :confused:
Didn't stop you from buying your car. As mentioned, just shim it and get appropriate bolts to compensate. This keeps things lite. Seems smart to me to use KISS principle instead of overcomplicating things like our German friends insist on doing to everything.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Achtung, ve understand complexity. You ahr just too stupid to understand aur Technik. :D

Seriously, who else but Komotec has so far managed to give our beauties more power (and I was the first one to install those washer shims).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts