The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting elise because it is cool and it gets attention. I don't drive fast, i just like to ride with style. I must have a pretty descent sound system. Is there a place for sub woofer and amp? any room be hind the seats?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There is barely enough room behind the seats to put your CD's. Have fun trying to stuff a sub behind there.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
:D

Well at least he's honest

PS I am sure you will be able to get a subwoofer in the car some how. If I remember correctly there is a company that makes a very high end audio system designed just for the Elise. I forget the link though.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
As much as I hate to tell you this- there is a space in the very front of the passenger footwell which has a footrest or brace bolted to the floor. This is the only concievable place in the cabin to locate it. The boot would'nt do you too much good obviously as the motor would get between you and da slammin beats.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
edit.

Maybe I was a bit harsh. I don't agree at all with what the original poster is doing as I'm sure there are people out there who won't be able to get an Elise who would appreciate the car much more, but to each his own I suppose.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Someone who posts things to a board just to get a rise out of people.

Usually a troll is a member of the board already and signs up under a different name just to see if they can piss people off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trolling Lessons

I borrowed this from a friend:

Trolling lessons....Trolling require trollees. Trollees have to take themselves and their cause so seriously that they can be baited into a debate in such a subtle manner that they never notice your debate is getting more and more outlandish with every post.

I discussed the merits of chickens as pets on the PETA boards and it turned into a debate on whether we should genetically alter chickens to be featherless so those of us who wanted chickens for a pet who lived in apartments wouldn't have to deal with the moulting mess on his couch. We had previously agreed chicken sized diapers were the only sure fire solution to the poop mess in spite of several of the PETA posters claiming their own pet chickens used litter boxes, and we were at an impasse over whether chickens played little pianos because they were smart or because they were responding to a food reflex.

It got boring real quick because trolling requires an audiance who knows you're trolling and none of the PETA posters ever got it. However, I can only hope there was at least one pet chicken looking over the shoulder of his PETA activist "master" as he was fervently debating me on the merits of the morality of eating chicken eggs because as leftists we believe in abortion and, after all, an egg is only an unborn fetus, so therefore was OK to eat, and clucking to himself "Dude you is being played."

That is fun stuff.

·
Registered
308 Posts
1fastmx5 I like your little guy going side to side, I watch him/her for hours:p

as far as the featherless chickens goes, the diaper size you woud need for featherless chickens is way off featherd chicken diapers.

only way I would take my chicken for a drive in my elise is a diapered chicken.

if you love your chicken take them parasailing.

never choke a chicken but if you must, make sure you are not being video taped

also never make friend with chickens you will later eat

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know some of the guys on the British BBS have pioneer subwoofers on the back shelf behind the seat. I am going to at least look into it when my car arrives. I guess if that makes me a moron in your eyes so be it...

·
Registered
971 Posts
banTT0r said:
The only way I'd take my chicken in the Elise is rotisseried and properly packaged so none of the fat would leak onto the leather or carpets.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
LOL. I'm just curious. What would be the official definition of the word troll be. I know I have a general understanding but I was just curious as to ones intent.
Troll is short for troller.... someone who's trolling for fish. EliseDude seems to have caught a couple big ones in this thread.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
banTT0r said:
1fastmx5 I like your little guy going side to side, I watch him/her for hours:p

as far as the featherless chickens goes, the diaper size you woud need for featherless chickens is way off featherd chicken diapers.

if you love your chicken take them parasailing.

never choke a chicken but if you must, make sure you are not being video taped

also never make friend with chickens you will later eat
Yes, the little dancing man is a visual representation of what's going on in my head in waiting for my Saffron Elise :D

Also what I will be doing in front of the dealership, early in the morning , the day it arrives.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
My guestimate - and I'm not a stereo expert - is that there's room for a single 8" subwoofer behind the seats, if it's in a properly designed, custom size enclosure. The amplifier can mount to the firewall behind one of the seats (maybe).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just don't drill in the lower part right behind the seats...

The fuel tank is behind that. Don't want to pucture it :)

Most people either fit a small self-powered 'bass tube' (like the now dis-continued Pioneer sub) behind the seats on the small shelf.

Another spot is hanging a flat and square small sub under the dash at the passenger side, or replacing the passenger footrest with a small enclosure.

Some of the things you can do are here:

http://www.elise-goes-hifi.com/

This is for the S1, so things are a bit different, but the general idea should be clear. They will be doing an S2 later on as far as I know.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks Arno for your information. it is good to know that we have an option.

As for MikeAR303, well thanks for your warm welcome. I'm just a newbie. One good thing came out of your stupid remark is that now i understand what troll means.:)

Nice audio is not a pointless garbage. It is simply about different preference in driving. A conservative person like my Dad says, "you are buying a pointless garbage car which is basically a crouch rocket with 4 wheels". Not too many of us need to go 0-60 under 4.9 secs. We just like to know that we can. This car is a luxury item and so is anything else that goes in the car.
When you think about it, i will be getting much better use of the car than a person like MikeAr303.
for example
ME:
1. Less likely to get in the accident because i don't race or drive too fast.
2. Less wear and tear, and no engine MODs so it will have higher resell value
3. Less likely to get traffic tickets.
4. More admiring peeps who gets couple of more seconds to look at the car.
5. Less cost for Tire replacements.
and many more

The only problem that i could possible cause to others would be to distract other drivers and maybe get them in a car accident. :) I have been driving manual since i was in highschool and i grew out of driving like crazy maniacs. Trust me. there were days that i thought i was invincible. I guess MikeAr303 is still in it.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Arno said:
Just don't drill in the lower part right behind the seats...

The fuel tank is behind that. Don't want to pucture it :)
Ah, very important tip, thanks! I remember in the early days of the MKII ('91-95), I heard several stories of people who had bolted cell phone holders to the center tunnel between seats, only to find out later that they had just punctured the fuel tank.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts