The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am collecting info as I am thinking of getting an Elise but am confused about the purist edition. I see a few mentions of it and it is listed on New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com as the base edition of the Elise at $43,995. However Lotus Cars USA | Welcome shows the Elise starting at $47,250 and they should know what is available! What is the story and will it be around for 2010?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I dont know how long they are going to offer it...but I would not take the lack of it being on the website as being indicative of their intentions.....Their website is notorious for being outdated (although admittedly it is much better than a few years ago)

Maybe one of the dealers has information on how long they will offer it...try pm-ing Dan from Criswell (username IsellLotus)...

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
They are for sale at the dealers now. I would not hold off, if you want one get it now.

Roy

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can someone post pics of the interior of the purists editions please.

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
There's one sitting in Valenti's showroom (CT) now!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
we have 2 of them in stock and ready to go!!
aspen white (not ice white as listed on our web page) and solar yellow.

if you want more info on them shoot me an email ( [email protected] ) and i will do my best to help you out, or get you a salesman that can.

Fox Valley Motorcars / Lamborghini Chicago - Inventory

T.J. Waszak
Lotus Technician
Fox Valley Motorcars

And if you like, I'll be more than happy to go drive each of them for a few hours and tell you what I think of them.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I bet they are the same leftover '05s that are now being sold as "Purist Editions" ;).
true...none of that drive by wire or LED taillight garbage:D bare interior, super lightweight magnet Blaupunkt speakers...and the better pedals !!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
because i know how to post pictures...
(sorry i had to go there:D)

T.J.

By the way RoadDad....Love your new Sig line!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the purist edition available with a hard top? The Edmunds site does not show the hardtop as an option - can the hardtop be ordered separately to match the car?

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
Actually You're no longer right about the 05's at Valenti. All gone. They actually have a type 62, a purist, a few 08 Elise SC's and 09?? and 1 or 2 Exiges. I've dealt with the dealership enough to deal somewhat. I've owned an Alfa, multiple, Isuzus over the years and my 05. Don't do Audi, VW or Saab. They're actually, it appears by number I've seen there, servicing the Skip Barber cars from LRP. Realize, now that Huntingridge is toast, that they're it in our parts. Service guy is quite nice and busy, evidently does a lot of maintenace from cars all over the place.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts