The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
It looks like a nice car, with the touring pack and the LSS sport suspension wheels. If they are the non-adjustable bilstein shocks with rising rate springs the ride will be really firm, you might find it harsh. Price is in the neighborhood for a nice clean low mile car. There may be room to negotiate. No matter what, suggest you have a full PPI done with cam inspection, ecu download and make sure all the recalls have been done. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That dealer sells a lot of reasonably priced sports cars. Watch out for accidents, salvage carfaxes. I’ve seen that more than once from them. Beautifully spec’d Elise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Less is Better
2,627 Posts
It looks like a nice car, with the touring pack and the LSS sport suspension wheels. If they are the non-adjustable bilstein shocks with rising rate springs the ride will be really firm, you might find it harsh. Price is in the neighborhood for a nice clean low mile car. There may be room to negotiate. No matter what, suggest you have a full PPI done with cam inspection, ecu download and make sure all the recalls have been done. Best of luck.
LSS suspension has constant rate springs. You are probably thinking of the track pack, which wasn't offered on the Elise in 2006.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it’s fair but there’s always room for negotiating. I’ve been eyeing this car since it was posted and haven’t pulled the trigger yet haha but it’s perfect. I’m also waiting for them to drop the price. I’d love to snatch this up for 34-35k max

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
It's the twin of my car. You won't see many others like it. They only made 9 2006s in BRG with black interior. BRG is pretty rare as it wasn't offered in 2005. I paid $35k for mine 2 years ago with 11k miles from the original owner.
Good look to whoever gets this. It's a fine looking car!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Price seems fair. As far as Track Pack on a 2006, I have a window sticker showing Track Pack for $2,495.

·
Registered
2007 Mag Blue Elise
11 Posts
Yeah I've been checking the market almost daily the past couple months and when examples have popped up in desirable colors at a reasonable price they only last a couple of days. Considering this has been sitting for months now seems to suggest the price is at a bit of a premium right now and I'm sure they have probably turned down offers in the low 30's already.

·
Less is Better
2,627 Posts
Yes, sir, it is an Elise. Manufacture date is either December 2005 or January 2006. Car is on a lift, or I'd verify which date.
I stand (sit and write) corrected. I'd looked at 2006 options lists before posting and didn't see the track pack on the list. Just touring, sport, LSD, and traction control.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It’s hard to tell in pictures, but there were some 2006 Lotus Racing Green (LRG) Elises made and this one to my eye looks like an LRG. LRG has metallic flake and is a darker emerald green shade. Actual British Racing Green (BRG) is pigment only slightly brighter “Kermit the Frog” hue of green. It’s personal preference for which you like more, but just wanted to make sure you are aware of the differences. IMO $37k is a smidge high for this car, I’d say $35k would be reasonable.

Here’s some pics of my BRG for you for reference on the difference:

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
I think Alaix002 might be correct. I hadn't picked up on the subtle difference. The paint code for BRG is B04. They are both nice colors but BRG is my preference as well and seems to be the less common color.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can't believe how many owners absolutely trash their seats with less than 20K miles. These look to be in excellent shape, rare IMO. Good luck.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
I can't believe how many owners absolutely trash their seats with less than 20K miles. These look to be in excellent shape, rare IMO. Good luck.
I’m guessing it because of how hard getting in and out is along with less miles driven per trip. CF seats seem to hold up though.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Both Greens are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Wearing soft fiber pants really helps with Wear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s hard to tell in pictures, but there were some 2006 Lotus Racing Green (LRG) Elises made and this one to my eye looks like an LRG. LRG has metallic flake and is a darker emerald green shade. Actual British Racing Green (BRG) is pigment only slightly brighter “Kermit the Frog” hue of green. It’s personal preference for which you like more, but just wanted to make sure you are aware of the differences. IMO $37k is a smidge high for this car, I’d say $35k would be reasonable.

Here’s some pics of my BRG for you for reference on the difference:

Wow that is gorgeous! I really like the Exige in the Blue color can’t remember the actually name. But I’ve Never seen a BRG, awesome man she’s a keeper!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow that is gorgeous! I really like the Exige in the Blue color can’t remember the actually name. But I’ve Never seen a BRG, awesome man she’s a keeper!
Thanks man! We are definitely blessed with many awesome colors to choose from for the Elige. Good luck with your search!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts