The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you know I am down to the wire on my decision. Well another car just got thrown into the loop and if you all think that it is a fair (maybe even a GREAT price) then please let me know and I will be the proud owner of an elise!

2006 Elise, Aspen White on Red, Touring, Sport, and Hardtop with 7700 miles. Original asking price was $42k, got them down to $37,500.

Please let me know ASAP if this is a good deal as I am looking to make my decision on this tomorrow.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have all the same options and purchased it for the same price and it only had 1k miles on it. This was also purchased last year of October...

So as you know I am down to the wire on my decision. Well another car just got thrown into the loop and if you all think that it is a fair (maybe even a GREAT price) then please let me know and I will be the proud owner of an elise!

2006 Elise, Aspen White on Red, Touring, Sport, and Hardtop with 7700 miles. Original asking price was $42k, got them down to $37,500.

Please let me know ASAP if this is a good deal as I am looking to make my decision on this tomorrow.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, since the white paint is a pricier options as well... Get the hard-top with the car. Too expensive if you buy it later... Good luck!

·
Banned
1,348 Posts

42k is good Exige money these days.

Hunting Ridge even has an Elise with 4k miles on it for less.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be fair in relation to the 06 that HRM had, it didn't have the Hardtop and it was painted like a christmas tree and they asked $35,900.

That being said, I'm still not sure this is a GREAT deal. I think it is a good deal, but not amazing.

Maybe I should hold out...although White would be my #1 color.

I'll make another offer and see what happens.

Does anyone have any idea what a dealer would have taken a car like this in for on a trade? I would be buying from a dealer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its often worth it to a pay little extra and sacrificing a screaming deal to get the color and options you want. A year from the purchase date, you'll be more satisfied with the car and you probably would have forgot about the premium.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I bought my white 06 Elise wi hardtop, touring, premium packages for a touch more than this last year. You are getting sport pack and paying less. If the party you are buying from is reputable, it's a good deal. I bought from HRM and they have been fantasitic to deal with.

If it's the car you want, it's a good price. If it's not the car you want, don't buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is this the one at Norm Baker? I was looking at it last night and the car looks nice. Are you in the area? If not, I would definitely have someone go by and take a look at / drive it for you. When we were looking for my elise we went to las vegas for valentines and I talked my husband into taking me by there b/c I had been looking at their cars online. When we got there the cars didn't look as nice as they did online. This one was not there at the time so I don't know if it is the same case. We worked with Mandi Eddins prior to arriving at the dealership and if I had to trust someone there it would definitely be her.

If the car is as nice as they say it is I would say it's a good deal. Did you check the carfax and all? Be sure to ask them what (if any) body work has been done on the car - prior and since it has been there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

I think that if someone would be willing to go down and check it out that would be awesome! Really good idea!

I am doing the final run through with the questions and everything today. I'll put up a post to see if anyone in the vegas area would be willing to go and check it out for me.

Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts