The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Found this on youtube. The guy spins out at the end but he didnt seem he was going that fast and wasnt on such a big turn. Can the elise spin out this easily?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
According to his logger, he was applying the brakes in the WET while he was pulling about 3/10ths of a G cornering force.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Haha great audio except whatever was beeping... Seems like a silly question, but anyone know what engines the Japanese got? I'd imagine early on they got rovers? Regardless that guy lucked out not smacking the guard rail.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
that is not Japanese though.... lol. in fact, they 2 don't have a history of getting along all that well :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
that is not Japanese though.... lol. in fact, they 2 don't have a history of getting along all that well :)
Gotcha... ya its Korean my bad.. Close enough :X

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Yep, thats Hongul..............

After spending many years in Korea I would blame some of it on the roads. They were getting better when I left but they are the oiliest roads I have ever seen! Controls on pollution and vehicle inspection are not the same as here. I put 14K on my Buell over there in 26 months, Was running Metzlers the whole time and have never slid around so much in my life! Had a blast riding there but it was high adventure!

To be honest that road looks like one I was on north of Seoul. Lots of mountain passes following rivers but I cannot be sure. We were coming home from Naksan beach.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Really lucky for no contact there.

Last week I had an oncoming car spin 180, straddling the slippery highway center line right in front of me. Luckily I saw the car getting loose and I was able to evade contact myself.

This afternoon here in northern Wisconsin we're due to get 7 more inches of snow on top of the already compacted snow that is at least 24 inches deep. Our snow and super cold temps started in October and it hasn't let up at all. I've really come to appreciate the winter handling of my AWD car...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Had a similar thing happen to me on a country road, coming around a narrow bend and started understeering into the other lane and just tapped the brakes and the back broke loose and rotated around. Lucky I was already past the other car and just put the front in some soft soil so no real damage. When you have bad roads, too much speed and shifting the weight forward with the brakes then the back will rotate pretty easily ... so be careful out there!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
yea, korean, no idea which models they got, but I just hazarding a 1.8 engine.
edit
1.6 because its an elise s

that guy is so lucky he didnt hit the rail or the car behind.

he must have one of the only lotus' in korea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts