The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The grill area above the license plate flat is not as deep. I don't think there is enough distance to allow the plate to pivot and fold flat into the grill area.

Perhaps it could fold flat UNDER the car, but then that means at least 50% of the plate extends under the flat mounting surface.

That might be a good idea as a "feeler" before your clam hits. And in this case, the plate would fold under freely with little damage.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Someone could do something similar but attaching it to the bottom of the car and flip it under like Randy suggested.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Miguel said:
Someone could do something similar but attaching it to the bottom of the car and flip it under like Randy suggested.
How far is the bottom lip of the spoiler to the ground? If the plate has to hang down low enough to blow under, wouldn't it need to be within a couple of inches of the ground?

I'm thinking of bending my license plate in a creative manner...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
rob said:
How far is the bottom lip of the spoiler to the ground?
6.5-6.75 inches.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
LOL. Funny little product. Probably costs to just not have a plate at all. Anyway, it's worth it to not have one from a looks perspective IMO. Polycarbonate skid plates are coming, aren't they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts