The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Evora has a single exhaust pipe. Could this be a factory option or is it aftermarket? Most of the pictures I’ve seen of other Evora have been dual pipes but I’ve seen some single exhaust pipes too. I couldn’t find anything with a search.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Aftermarket. Loud?? Bet its a Plack

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I‘ve only driven another Evora NA one other time (before I bought this car) so don’t have anything really to compare it one. Doesn’t seem too loud although sounds good at high rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
That doesn't look like a Plack, as there would be no muffler behind it. The oval outlet looks slightly off-kilter; wasn't there a particular exhaust like that a while back?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep, that's the Larini exhaust. Have the same one on my car along with the secondary cat delete pipe.

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Glad to hear it has an upgraded exhaust as I had read that is one of the first recommended modifications. I also didn't have any complaints with the sound of the engine as often discussed here so the better exhaust must be why.

·
Illegal Alien
5,285 Posts
That doesn't look like a Plack, as there would be no muffler behind it. The oval outlet looks slightly off-kilter; wasn't there a particular exhaust like that a while back?
The slight off kilter exhaust supplier is Larini. As others have noted that tip style is Larini. Larini saves a good 15 lbs plus from stock, has a durable SS that seems to stand up for at least 5 yrs and counting. I like the tone on the Series 1 cars and found it a perfect muffler in combination with headers installed.

I include a like listing a number of exhaust options and their weights. Note S1 cars use a different exhaust diameter than S2 cars (4xx models), they are not interchangeable without custom adapters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts