The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I vote toast. A decent shop can cut out the bad sections and glass back over it to make it look fine, but it will never be as light or strong as it was before.

·
SMDDanny
64 Posts
Almost anything fiberglass (or Fiber reinforced resin) can be fixed.. the question is how much time does it take to put it right.

I think that one takes too much time...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was an autocross where you drive in reverse and you wear a blindfold. Somebody on the sideline guides you with a walkie talkie.

·
Registered
203 Posts
And they put a pole in the way?!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Well Quiz, at least your buddy knows someone who can set him up with a new diffuser... :)

If he decides to repair, can you provide some updates? I'd be interested to see how it goes.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
It would take more time to replace that clam than to repair it.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
that is 100% repairable. It's not even a challenge.Please ship to:
Komiko
123 Got A New Clam Street
New England Boat
Portsmouth, RI.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you joking, or is this actually a thing? More importantly, where would I go to watch?
Joking, haha. Start one up with some of the ERTC guys :)

UPDATE: We'll be reparing the clam. Have a good friend who owns a body shop stop by, and its totally do-able. Will post pics of the finished product when its complete.

·
Registered
903 Posts
he'll need a new diffuser too...

there was some guy on here who sells diffusers, can't remember his name. Had a pretty popular site and shop too and he made all sorts of different versions with various element counts like 5 and 7 element diffusers... The site was something like airflow but dufflow or dofflow... I dunno you probably know him though.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he'll need a new diffuser too...

there was some guy on here who sells diffusers, can't remember his name. Had a pretty popular site and shop too and he made all sorts of different versions with various element counts like 5 and 7 element diffusers... The site was something like airflow but dufflow or dofflow... I dunno you probably know him though.
Haha rotfl

I think the diffuser will actually buff right out :)

Here's a few more 5 element's that went to diffuser heaven... :(

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts