The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
i'd read the sales pitch very carefully , they even tell you.

DO NOT BUY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING! READ CAREFULLY! YOU WILL NEED A FABRICATOR THAT CAN WELD

ie its a box of parts, its upto you to make it work properly, then it needs an ecu etc,.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Charlie, i wasnt planing on buying it, i was just amazed to see how unexpensive it was and wanted to see what you guys thought.

I was actually looking for aero bits and other stuff, i dont think i would turbo my car, i have read its quite a pita.

But thx for the advice!

i'd read the sales pitch very carefully , they even tell you.

DO NOT BUY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING! READ CAREFULLY! YOU WILL NEED A FABRICATOR THAT CAN WELD

ie its a box of parts, its upto you to make it work properly, then it needs an ecu etc,.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yes, pretty clear:
!THIS KIT IS UNIVERSAL WILL FIT ALMOST ANY CAR. **IT JUST NEEDS THE TURBO MANIFOLD!
!THIS KIT IS UNIVERSAL WILL FIT ALMOST ANY CAR. **IT JUST NEEDS THE TURBO MANIFOLD AND DOWN PIPE
PROFESSIONAL INSTALL ONLY - YOU WILL NEED A FABRICATOR THAT CAN WELD
BEND PIPING AND INSTALL FUEL MANAGMENT SYSTEM
YOU WILL HAVE TO SUPPLY SOME NUTS AND BOLTS AND
EXPECT TO SPEND 10-15 HOURS TO INSTALL THIS KIT
IF YOUR MECHAINC CHARGES 60.00 PER HOUR ITS GOING TO COST ANY WHERE FROM $600.00-$900.00
EXPECT TO SPEND $200.00-$450.00 ON DYNO TIME AND ENGINE TUNING BY A PROFESSIONAL
DO NOT BUY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING! READ CAREFULLY!
THE TITLE STATES YOUR CARS NAME BUT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL FIT YOUR CAR EXACTLY
I HAVE GOTTEN QUESTIONS WILL THIS FIT?
ONLY IF YOU MODIFY YOUR CAR TO FIT THIS TURBO IT WILL FIT.
USE SOME CREATIVE THINKIN AND WORK WITH YOUR MECHANIC OR INSTALL TO CREATE A PLAN TO TURBO YOUR CAR
IF YOUR MECHAINC CHARGES 60.00 PER HOUR ITS GOING TO COST ANY WHERE FROM $600.00-$900.00
EXPECT TO SPEND $200.00-$450.00 ON DYNO TIME AND ENGINE TUNING BY A PROFESSIONAL
SHIPPING RATE FOR 48 SATES ONLY - ALL OTHER ARE PLEASE INQUIRE
ENGINE TUNING REQUIRED GREDDY, AEM, HKS FUEL MANAGMENT NEEDED
DO NOT BUY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL OR USE TURBO KITS
(NO INSTRUCTIONS - PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC OR SHOP INSTALL ONLY)

·
Registered
424 Posts
T3/T4 was popular 22 years ago. :eek: There are way better ones now that have taken over like a TA49 for example.

I have an internal on my car now. Sold the external as it would have a tendency to boost creep. It was nice as you could control it from the cabin.

I must have dozed off in my comments. The rod coming from the waste gate actuator is how the boost is adjusted on the internal WG.

For all that guy knows it could boost over 20lbs when hooked up without a boost gauge. rotfl

Even if the turbo was new you can't predict how long it will last...maybe he has a Ouija board that tells him these mystical secrets. :bow:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ol'Racer said:
maybe he has a Ouija board that tells him these mystical secrets. :bow:
hahahaha!! When i read it i thought this guy somehow got a hold on spare parts from all over and is trying to sell it as a kit.

My mind was thinking (im going to screw you) sort of when your girl is yaping and your mind goes somewhere else and you are like yes baby, right, oh for sure! yes im sure i can get 340hp out of this kit! rrrrrrrrrright.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
T3/T4 was popular 22 years ago. :eek:

The seller hasn't a clue...he says "Internal Wastegate'... That round brass looking thing with a rod sticking out of it is an EXTERNAL wastegate and the rod is how you adjust the boost.
Actually that is an internal wastegate. The waste gate flapper is inside the turbine housing, the actuator is the brass looking capsule on the outside.

A Turbo with an external wastegate will not have a flapper valve in the turbine housing, the actual wastegate will be downstream from the turbo inside the down pipe towards the cat.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Actually that is an internal wastegate. The waste gate flapper is inside the turbine housing, the actuator is the brass looking capsule on the outside.

A Turbo with an external wastegate will not have a flapper valve in the turbine housing, the actual wastegate will be downstream from the turbo inside the down pipe towards the cat.
Indeed... Ol'Racer is mistaken on his wastegate knowledge. However you are also mistaken as well on your example.. An external wastegate will be located before the turbo somewhere on the ex manifold... You can run them open (LOUD) or reroute the bypassed exaust flow to pre cat if you want to be legal or post cat if you want to avoid restriction.

Overall there's a lot of parts in that kit to be used on an install if your good at fabricating. That turbo would probably be good on anything from 1.6-2.2 liter car. Nothing in there I would use myself, but if your on a budget and doing your own work it isn't a bad deal.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts

ummm... if the wastegate is downstream from the turbo how could it let exhaust gas bypass the turbine? the wastegate needs to come before the turbo

·
Registered
361 Posts
ummm... if the wastegate is downstream from the turbo how could it let exhaust gas bypass the turbine? the wastegate needs to come before the turbo
and it does, the wastegate opens up on the hotside of the turbo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts