The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

On this car, the passenger air bag cover is warped. Its a dash out replacement to properly fix.

The seat bolsters also look worn but its hard to say for sure.
Seat leather is also starting to untuck. Could be as easy as re-tucking or may need to be disassembled for more permanent repair.

The airbag telltale light is also lit. That could be caused by a simple flat battery or something more serious. If it was a flat battery, its either a dealer reset or buying a SRS code resetting device. However, that could also be a costly fault if there is an actual issue.

It does not appear to have all available options. And, photos do not depict engine area..

More info in prior for sale ad: Luxury Auto Dealership - Car Rentals & Sales in Palm Beach FL | Chariots of Palm Beach

If serious about it, I would ask for a carfax to see the history.

Lastly, since you are in the market, you might want to spend some time reading this thread. It has links to more info...

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/evora-buying-guide-449889/

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input! Really appreciate it. The link to the previous listing had a carfax linked: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=CRD_1&vin=SCCLMDTU5BHA10858. It looks clean though very short ownership for the 2nd owner.

Looking through your links, it seems air bag covers are easily prone to warping and clutch replacement costs is quite scary as I had plans to make this a DD. There also seems to be good improvements done on 2012 and up Evoras over the '10 and '11. Maybe I should be looking at those instead of the 10/11's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I second the airbag condition. That’s a $1000 repair give or take for $10 in parts. Seat is untucked too, and have the same issue with mine even after having it redone once. Airbag light is on which needs to be addressed. It’s hard to say whether or not the upgrades such as the master cylinder or shift cables were done for example.

If you don’t mind spending the money to fix those things and can get it significantly cheaper than it’s listed, it might be a decent deal. I’d have a person VERY familiar with Lotus do a PPI on it.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
For that price who cares about the heated seats. It's got Sport mode. Low miles. Seats aren't bad. Very much a known issue on the airbag cover unless it has been popped. Pull codes on it and see what it says. Looks overall good, esp for a 2010 build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts