The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
What slime. He says you'll be driving it "this year", even tho it hasn't been ordered yet. He says "it's expected to arrive this winter, in time for Christmas." :rolleyes: Even if ordered tomorrow, it'll be months before it arrives. And he's not saying when it'll actually be time to order.

·
Registered
513 Posts
NMRJock said:
And look at the bids!
Look at the bid history - 3 of those bids are by the same person. He even bid it up when he still had the winning bid (from 5 to 8K). Then wiyono888 bid 10K - wiyono888 has only been a member for 5 days. None of the bidders have more than 5 feedback. Obviously he's having his friend(s) bid it up, and probably created a 2nd user name to bid on his own auction. Stupid ebay newbies. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Graydon said:
None of the bidders have more than 5 feedback. Obviously he's having his friend(s) bid it up, and probably created a 2nd user name to bid on his own auction. Stupid ebay newbies. :rolleyes:
Or people are making accounts to bid it up and win and screw the guy out of the sale.

·
Registered
513 Posts
transio said:
Or people are making accounts to bid it up and win and screw the guy out of the sale.
That too.

I just realized that he didn't bid it up when he already had the winning bid, because the other guy's 10K bid was first - I thought the bids were ordered by the time they were placed, but they are not. Still, this is either a fraud or someone messing with the seller.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Graydon said:
He even bid it up when he still had the winning bid (from 5 to 8K).
Not necessarily. If you place a "Max Bid", the ebay system will automatically up your bid when someone else bids. You don't necessarily see the intermediate bids. For instance, if the bids are in increments of $100 - if A bids $5K with a maximum of $10K, and B bids $7,900, the system will automatically up the bids until A bids $8K, and you won't see the intermediate steps...

Still, it's probably fishy...

·
Registered
35 Posts
LOOK GUYS!!!!! I will tell you whats going on here. People are not reading the ENTIRE THING. They do not realize that they are not bidding on an actual car. They think they are bidding on a car, NOT A SPOT TO BUY A CAR. This happens on ebay ALL THE TIME

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
This guy is like 10 months behind. He could MAYBE have gotten this long ago. Now that the car is out, I doubt it unless someone is REALLY desperate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is a total scam. Like someone said already what's going on here, IMO, is friends bidding for a friend in order to raise the auction looking for a sucker.

Look at the current high bidder's past transactions on ebay. They're all for parts(cheap one's at that) for an Acura RSX-S. Couple that with the transaction history of the seller and I'm smelling a major scam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts