The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good find! I downloaded it. Thanks!

Have you tried it yourself? I don't have a car until later this month, so I can't test it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah I have used it to check various things, unfortunately there isnt a manual that comes with it but some of the features are obvious so are not.

For the price though its excellent!

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I have used it to check various things, unfortunately there isnt a manual that comes with it but some of the features are obvious so are not.

For the price though its excellent!
Thanks! I also just ordered this cable which was mentioned in the The Lotus Forum thread. Hopefully it will work fine.

Has anyone compared the commercial one to the free one to be able to comment on the difference? The 68 pound one is not exactly bank breaking, so if it does some things better, it could be worth it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's the cable I got and it works fine.

I think the software works fine you just need to have a background and understanding of
ECU's for it to make total sense.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Another PC based reader is OBD-2.com but it is not free and you need a cable. You have to get the USB adapter too, most computers today no longer have serial ports. The "best" option is to find a Tech 1 on E-Bay and get the Lotus specific cartridge. This way not only can you scan the ECU you can also control certain parts. But you will also have to get a cable.
David Teitelbaum

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another PC based reader is OBD-2.com but it is not free and you need a cable. You have to get the USB adapter too, most computers today no longer have serial ports. The "best" option is to find a Tech 1 on E-Bay and get the Lotus specific cartridge. This way not only can you scan the ECU you can also control certain parts. But you will also have to get a cable.
David Teitelbaum
With the free software, it has menus to control certain parts of the ECU also. I am looking at a menu now that lets you turn on/off the fuel pumps, O2 Heaters, Recirc Pump, ACC, MIL, Fans, Overheat lamp, and reset all sorts of things like ECU, battery, ignition, fuel learn, idle learn, boost learn, and knock learn. It has a menu to send manual commands to the ECU -- whatever that does.

I don't mind paying for better, but it would be good to know what more I would get with the Tech 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts