The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Is this right? help!

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  jmiesse 
i wouldn't go to a toyota dealership, they won't use lotus filters
Lotus uses standard Toyota filters. There appears to be two different ones, a supposedly "better" one that came with the car, and the normal one that Toyota uses. Both meet the specs, and both are available from Toyota (although all Toyota dealers may not stock the more expensive filter).

In any case, there is nothing unique about the engine - it is standard Toyota. Even JiffyLube could change the oil (but I don't recommend that). The additional hassles with the Elise is the undertray must be removed, but once that's done, it no different than any other car - easier then most actually because there is no chassis in the way of removing the filter, etc.

You do have to be careful lifting the Elise, and it can't be lifter properly on a standard four point lift. But if the oil changing place has a drive over pit, or a drive on lift (lifts the cars with the tire on the ramps), there is no problem.

Me, I change the oil on my driveway... :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.