The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this chart posted by a member in an older thread. My speeds at the given RPMs seem lower than this. Is this chart correct?
RPM-Speed-Chart.jpg

·
2006 Exige
871 Posts
I have an excel spreadsheet where I can input the final drive and revs/mile of the tires and it gives me numbers very close to that spreadsheet you posted. Are you aware the your Elise speedo reads very high (~8%)?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I'll have to take a closer look. Is this chart displayed speed or actual?

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Hmm. I'll have to take a closer look. Is this chart displayed speed or actual?
I highly doubt those cells were tested one at a time; it was probably from gear ratio, tire diameter, and rpm which would be closer to the actual speed than the displayed speed. There’s some law about never reading low, so nearly 10% gets added to the speedo. There are lots of threads on it if you want to look into it, but that’s the gist.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Speedometers are not always reliable but odometers are regulated to show actual miles and are generally more accurate on the stock car. Drive the car at as close to 60 MPH and time it for 1 mile. Should be exactly 60 seconds if the speedometer is correct. Some states have mile markers in some locations and if you know where they are it's easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts