The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's not bad for a NA Elise with just a Headers replacement with those few extras.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Did you just add that? I swear it was not there before. I thought the factory S/C put out more then that ( without the mods ), like 216 or so? This is the dyno result with the mods and a tune?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes, I edited my post to make it clear.
The car comes with 220 hp stock.
just a hair under 220whp actually isn't bad for a stock tuned*/pulleyed Elise S/C with boltons (keep in mind the #'s Lotus claims don't take into account drivetrain loss which roughly estimates around 15%)

*note that just running the car on the dyno isn't really tuning anything either (without a proper flash or software for the ECU), rather just indicating power to the wheels

also, whats your elevation where the dyno was done? that makes a significant difference in final power #'s as well

That's not bad for a NA Elise with just a Headers replacement with those few extras.
for what its worth, no 2zz equipped car would ever see over 200whp with just boltons on a stock map

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
(keep in mind the #'s Lotus claims don't take into account drivetrain loss which roughly estimates around 15%)
Wow I knew they were loose with their numbers but %15... sheesh.

I guess my Katana really is doing a nice job then.

note that just running the car on the dyno isn't really tuning anything either
Right that is why I asked that, did they really tune anything or just say that? A factory S/C from lotus is tuned right, sure you could get some tighter tuning but I dont think it would be worth the cost. If they are claiming they tuned for the headers, IMO it didn't help much, what ( 5hp? ). I'd like to see the run before and after the tune/bolt on, but that just me.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Oh ok, I thought driftwood meant 15% of what Lotus stats though yes I dint realize Lotus would not state wheel power and rather goes by BHP. Makes scene now, thx. I guess the "RWH" is what confused me. Is that short for rwhp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts