The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told the Lotus dealership that I wanted the Stage 2 designed for the Exige S. They said they had one in stock - a Janspeed LOTAC05391.

However, that number doesn't show up on page 17 of the 2008 brochure and searching on it suggests that its designed for the Elise S (i.e. not the Exige S)

Is the Lotus dealership mixed up?

·
Registered
386 Posts
The stage 2 for the exige S has a single exhaust tip. I believe the stage 2 for the elise has 2 exhaust tips.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Correct Janspeed Part #, for the SINGLE-TIP, Exige-S (Supercharged) Stage-2 Exhaust for all MY's 2006+ is: LOTAC05450 (zero-five-four-five-zero).

FFI on proper applications, of which "stage-2" exhausts fit which specific vehicles, see the "exhausts" section (link on approx pg. #11) of this Manual/e-brochure HERE.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FFI on proper applications, of which "stage-2" exhausts fit which specific vehicles, see the "exhausts" section (link on approx pg. #11) of this Manual/e-brochure HERE.
Yeap, that's the brochure I mentioned in my OP, but note how it doesn't list the LOTAC05391 part number the lotus dealer says they have. I understand that the Stage 3 part number you list *is* correct for the Exige S but, since its not listed anywhere, I'm not yet sure if the LOTAC05391 part number isn't also correct. My guess is that the LOTAC05391 is is for an N/A engine, but I can't prove that yet, which is why I'm asking LT.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I told the Lotus dealership that I wanted the Stage 2 designed for the Exige S. They said they had one in stock - a Janspeed LOTAC05391.

However, that number doesn't show up on page 17 of the 2008 brochure and searching on it suggests that its designed for the Elise S (i.e. not the Exige S)

Is the Lotus dealership mixed up?
I have the Stage 3 on my Cup 240 and its brilliant. It throws a blue flame out the back on high rpm gear changes which apparantly looks unreal from behind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Stage 3 on my Cup 240 and its brilliant. It throws a blue flame out the back on high rpm gear changes which apparantly looks unreal from behind.
What's the weight and the sound compared to Stage 1/2 and standard?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder why an American Lotus dealer would have an exhaust designed for the Elise S which isn't sold here.
Don't know, but they're pretty sure that the LOTAC05391 is for Exige S and that they've installed them on quite a few Exige S with no complaints. They now have a call into Janspeed to clarify the issue. I'll post the response as soon as I learn it...

·
Registered
773 Posts
LOTAC05391, is a dual-tipped Stage-2 exhaust, designed particularly for application in the SC ELISE.

Sure, could fit/could work on your Exige-S just fine.
Some modification of your rear DF/undertray to accomodate it may be necessary as well. I only posted so you knew what you were getting is all, because you asked!

I am not familiar with the "Stage-3", or what the Janspeed part # is for a "Stage-3" (although I've seen some MISinformation on that) - so I'll let others who have posted on that one instead, and who may have some actual experience or knowledge on it - to speak to it. I can tell you that LOTAC05391 is not a "Stage-3" however(nor is LOTAC05450 either - that is an old joke in here, I think), - and you originally asked for (or so I thought) the proper Part # for the Exige-S Stage 2 (so you could get the "right" one), and whether your dealer (or you) may be confused - to which my answer to that, is: Yes.

If you want the Stage 2 for the Exige-S it is Part # LOTAC05450
If you want a "Stage 3" for the Exige-S it is NOT Part # LOTAC05391
I do not know what the Part # would be for a Stage-3 Exhaust. Maybe someone else on here though does? :shrug:

LOTAC05391 is a Stage-2, dual-tip exhaust for primary application in a SC Elise.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have brought this information to my Lotus dealer - in fact, the are reading this thread now. From everything that has been posted to this and other threads, especially this one, it is clear to me that the Stage 3 is the right exhaust for the Exige S.

However, the lead mechanic from my Lotus dealer, who is a Lotus owner himself, says that the Lotus engineers in the UK say that the LOTAC05391 is the right part for the Exige S. He is aware that it is a European part (i.e. for the Elise S, which is only sold in Europe), but that it more quiet than the Stage 3, which is why they don't install the Stage 3 on Exige S.

Now, this information conflicts with everything else I've read on this forum, so I'm pretty sure that some facts are being mixed up, which will (hopefully) be resolved when they hear back from Janspeed - maybe tomorrow, since its still the weekend...

BTW, the reason I'm still pursuing this, as opposed to simply ordering the Stage 3, is because they put the LOTAC05391 on my Exige S, after I said I wanted the Stage 2 exhaust specifically designed for the Exige S. :wallbang:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. So, what part # is this Stage-3 now, that is best for your car, and is now what you are pursuing to have put on?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts