The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't today the launch in Alabama for the press and dealers. I think George at Gonzaba told me friday that today he would be there. If so we should find out some hard facts and nice pics shouldn't we?

·
Registered
963 Posts
My dealer told me today also. I think it's two or three days? :confused:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
nxm150 said:
Will the dealers get specific allocation numbers beyond the first 8 cars?
Do they have the allocation numbers on the first 8 cars?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
When I talked to my dealer a few weeks ago, he said that he expected to get more detailed allocation numbers (beyond the first shipment) at this meeting.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
nxm150 said:
Yea, sorry, but this is the most important piece of information to me.
all dealerships have their allocation through August. Some might be getting less than 8, some are getting much more than 8.

8 isn't really a relevant number here, unless your dealer is getting 8 through August.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
atyclb said:
all dealerships have their allocation through August. Some might be getting less than 8, some are getting much more than 8.

8 isn't really a relevant number here, unless your dealer is getting 8 through August.
Gotcha, thank for clearing that up for me. I am still intereted in numbers past August.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Allocation is on a per dealer bases. Mine seems to have the number per month after the first three months. Try contacting the GM of your dealership, they'd be your best source.

·
Registered
670 Posts
LarryB said:
Allocation is on a per dealer bases. Mine seems to have the number per month after the first three months. Try contacting the GM of your dealership, they'd be your best source.
I find it to be somewhat a contradiction that ALL dealers turned in orders 1-9 Jan 9th. ALL dealers were to turn in orders for spots 10-30 March 5th wasn't it ?

Why the syncronous ordering if the cars coming out will be based
on Esprit sales and be totally non syncronous. Sounds to me like dealers will be getting more or less a consistant number of cars.

Seems that most around here feel LOA will get three cars to other dealers one car. Why aren't the orders going in differently ?

Steve

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
For one thing, if they did that, everyone would know the relative allocation of each dealership, which is not what Lotus/the dealers want....

·
Registered
178 Posts
erroneous synchronizing

Perhaps the tabulation of your projected synchronization of order allocations has been erroneously based upon irrelevant or inaccurate information provided by overly imaginative prognosticators.
I doubt if Lotus U.S. has explained relative distribution to each dealer, therefore, it is doubtful that any particular dealer has definitive information regarding allocation to other dealers.
For what it's worth, I think I was somewhere around #20 at MAG (Ohio), was in the second 'batch', placed my order 1 March and was told delivery is estimated to be August or September.
I cannot believe I am actually answering another post regarding dealer allocations! Help me!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What kind of information are people looking to get out of the press week if it is not allocation?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Dealers are also expecting to receive details about dealer installed options, including prices.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i'm getting a call back from my dealer after their managers are meeting with lotus just before mid april. must be the same meeting?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The main purpose of the initial orders was to guage the mix of colors and options of the cars from various dealers to help them map out production schedule.

Lotus is certainly not going to discuss individual dealers allocations with other/all dealers. These are business issues which are totally up to the dealer to disclose to THEIR customers if they so choose.

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts