The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Willy B said:
I have not read anywhere if anyone is planning on removing the stock seats and belts for a racing seat with a 4-point harness pulled through the seat. What kind of cost is this after-market option?
That depends on what kind of seat you want.
An Al Kirkey with a cover (not something I'd put in a street car) is $150 or so. Sparco makes some seats that are designed to accomodate harnesses in street cars. They look nice (though I don't know what they weigh) and run ~$600 or so. If you want a really lightweight CF seat expect to pay more.
Harness prices also vary. An inexpensive 4pt. latch and link setup is really pretty cheap $50-60. Budget cam-lock would be $100 or so. I haven't priced them in awhile, but I remember the Luke harnesses (as pictured above) to be a few hundred.
Once you buy all this stuff you have to put it into your car (which often requires purchasing brackets). Also, you'll want to keep your three point belts in the car. Most harnesses are not DOT approved and even if they were I'd not want to use them for my daily commute.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Our ReVerie CF seats fit. In fact they bolt right into the stock seat sliders. I'll be meeting with ReVerie next week to finalize pricing and importation.

The seats are simply gorgeous and v. light.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Help! now I'm schizophrenic

I am back and forth on this package option everyday! I have read other threads about availability of other colors (ext.). Just possibly having to wait longer. Example being some of the older Esprit colors whatever. What about other interior colors??? I love blue and gold color schemes, but have got the impression that the blue interior is awful looking and will probably turn my wardrobe to SMURF? I would die to have my SY have a deep green leather! Do the whole G/Y Lotus race team accessories, wardrobe, way over board middle age crisis bit! I want to get LOTUS stitched into the head rests anyway. So I start thinking to just take out the stock seats and for a couple hundred have them done up by hand by some leather shop. The insulated top would be nice for the hot summers/coldish winters here at the beach? You have all had great reasons/comments. Too great has me vacillating even on the LSS. Geez!

101 - 106 of 106 Posts