The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Like any good track hound, I have numerous sets of wheels and tires for my Elise. I’m constantly mounting up tires / having track tires flipped on their wheels halfway through their duty cycle, etc.

So here are my parameters. Car is located in SF. I commute from SF to Menlo Park (280 side) every weekday. I don't drive the Elise much on the street so I typically bring the wheels / tires in off the car for this type of service.

Anything between SF & Menlo Park, or thereabouts, would work during the week. During the weekend anything in SF, or reasonably north (I live in the Marina) or somewhat south would also work.

As you might imagine, I want a shop with salient expertise.

In general, I would be willing to schlep the wheels & tires to a Dietsch / Borelli / Suspension Performance type of provider, but none of them are really convenient for me based on my commute’s origin & destination, so if there are any other reasonably proficient providers on the SF / Menlo corridor it would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance for any referrals you might have.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Motorsport Technique in Hayward. They are the only shop that I have worked with that won't &%* up your wheels. I had over 4 sets changed there before and each time they take over an hour if not longer. Shows me that they take their time. Take a look at their yelp.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Shop San Bruno works on all of my cars, they have excellent attention to detail, and know what these cars are worth to us, the owner has a 550whp LS7 swapped RX7 that's immaculate

Call and ask for Matthel, say Albert with the green Lotus referred you

The Shop - San Bruno, CA | Yelp

·
Registered
48 Posts
All of our equipment is brand new & we haven't had a wheel scrape incident since getting our latest equipment a few years ago.
We just put Dunlop Direzzas on my freshly powder coated Watanabes for my own ( non Lotus ) car. not a single mark / scratch..... I'm likely to be as particular if not more so than anyone else on here....

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm with jjdrivesajazz, Mathel and The Shop work on all three of my cars + cars owned by my parents. BMC is a no brainer as well. I can personally vouch for either shop from experience.

The Shop San Bruno works on all of my cars, they have excellent attention to detail, and know what these cars are worth to us.
We just put Dunlop Direzzas on my freshly powder coated Watanabes for my own ( non Lotus ) car. not a single mark / scratch..... I'm likely to be as particular if not more so than anyone else on here....
You're killing me with those Wats, Billy! So money... :up:

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
BMC is a good choice...

There's also Suspension Performance in Mt View (Eric) or try Mt View Firestone on San Antonio (does quite a bit of race stuff for the locals).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! In CO, the dealer is 44 miles away, so they weren't ever really an option. I hadn't thought of them here in SF as a result.

The Firestone in Mountain View sounds like a small shop that used to be in Boulder, The Tiresource. Serviced A LOT of racers. Even had a power lap time board for our home track In their "showroom." Great guys.

Got a nail in one of my A3's tires last night, so I'm off to get four R888s flipped on their wheels today and one A3 tire patched. :facepalm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts