The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions for anyone that owns either of these two colors and especially for isotope green owners as I'm considering buying an Evora in that color.

Oh, and for the record, in searching old threads the consensus was that they are indeed different colors and not just a name change by Lotus. Since trying to see an IG car in person is nearly impossible, I thought I'd ask you guys about some questions/concerns that I have.

- It seems like the type of color that changes depending on lighting. Certainly in all the pix that I've been able to find on the internet, Isotope Green really seemed to vary depending on the lighting conditions and the camera filter used. Can anyone comment on this please?

- Is it more yellowish or more greenish? How about in relation to Krypton Green?

- How do you feel it would match with a the Venom Red leather interior that I'd like to get? The VR is more of a "blood red" than the previous Paprika red found in earlier Evoras.

I really like the look of the Isotope Green in some pictures, but not so crazy about it in others and just don't want to order and take delivery of a new Evora with a color that I end up not being crazy about. That'd be a very costly mistake and so I truly appreciate any feedback and wisdom from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
To me IG looks to have more yellow than KG for sure. Also, while I'm a big fan of red interiors I don't think it would work with IG (or KG for that matter).

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me IG looks to have more yellow than KG for sure. Also, while I'm a big fan of red interiors I don't think it would work with IG (or KG for that matter).
Thank you Ronbol. Yeah, without seeing the color combo in person, I'm a little apprehensive about the two matching well. If the IG was more greenish (like on the paint swatch in the 2011 Evora brochure) it'd be a no brained with the Venom Red interior.

My other choice is Chrome Orange with an Imperial Blue interior, but damn I want that Venom Red!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the Viper Green Evora out of the question? I think that's my favorite one.
It is for me. I saw that in person and it makes the Isotope look subtle! Plus it's a 2+2. Plus it's got a black interior. Me no likey black interiors too much. It is BOLD looking in person though!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Go for Isotope green :cool:

It changes colour from different light source:
- Morning, it is neon green
- Hot mid day, it is a little bit yellow.
- Night time, it is green.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go for Isotope green :cool:

It changes colour from different light source:
- Morning, it is neon green
- Hot mid day, it is a little bit yellow.
- Night time, it is green.
Thanks HK! That description helps a little. Just this past few hours, I've switched back to wanting Chrome Orange and then you come along and have me contemplating Isotope again.

:wallbang:

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Thanks HK! That description helps a little. Just this past few hours, I've switched back to wanting Chrome Orange and then you come along and have me contemplating Isotope again.

Even Lotus UK and HK dealer both agree the IG is the best.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yes and yes.
Either color + red interior = neon watermelon.

Can't remember if it was KG or IG, but there was one or the other at LOG last year, and the color worked surprisingly well on the Evora. Don't know what color the interior was, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have pictures of both isotope green (my car) and krypton green together.

If you want to see them I can send them too you - I just haven't posted pics here in a while and I couldn't be assed looking it up. I also haven't edited the number plates for public consumption. Just PST me.

IG does look more yellow and KG more green but it depends on the light. In the shade it can be hard to distinguish but it is easier to tell in the light.

I don't think you can go wrong with both but I wouldn't use a red interior. I think black goes well or a neutral color. You don't want anything to distract from the green.

SM.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have pictures of both isotope green (my car) and krypton green together.

If you want to see them I can send them too you - I just haven't posted pics here in a while and I couldn't be assed looking it up. I also haven't edited the number plates for public consumption. Just PST me.

IG does look more yellow and KG more green but it depends on the light. In the shade it can be hard to distinguish but it is easier to tell in the light.

I don't think you can go wrong with both but I wouldn't use a red interior. I think black goes well or a neutral color. You don't want anything to distract from the green.

SM.
SM,

I'd love to see those pix! I'll PM you my number and email and perhaps you can share them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a 2010 lotus evora ig and its awesome each light Is different car garages its super green bright light super yellow in your garage green just a fun color

·
Registered
978 Posts
KG Exige is green in dark light and the garage and is more yellow in bright light. Think neon yellow highlighter with a green hue. It has gold fleck in it. Even in bright light most people still refer to it as green and a few think its yellow. IG tends to be a little more yellow. Both colors change a lot depending on lighting. That's what makes them so interesting.

I don't think I would pair either with venom red. If it was more green like Lambo's verde ithaca it might work.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

I'm at work so this is all I have right now. My Elise (KG) is in the foreground, with a newer Elise S (IG) in the background. Isotope is much more yellow in person, and I don't believe they were made with metallic flake, like the KG colors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts