The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Drive an Elise and the color will be your last concern.

It might snow here today, so lonely BRiGit stays in the garage. :mad:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here is Isotope Green. It looks to favor a greenish hue more than the yellower Krypton.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'm stumped

I would swear that is KG.:huh: KG takes on a different color depending on the light. Guess you were there to see it and I was not though.;) Not at all what the initial "toy" samples looked like.:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I take it back...seeing how you live in Georgia and they don't have cars with right hand drive...:D I am guessing that really is KG. Mark my words...I will be right.;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I take it back...seeing how you live in Georgia and they don't have cars with right hand drive...:D I am guessing that really is KG. Mark my words...I will be right.;)
You would know better than me. I pretty rarely see KG. My feeble thinking said that this car, which was described as the new color isotope, might look more green. And I think someone on the British site that posted these pics made that observation. The first pic in particular does look like KG to me.

edit: here is the link http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12064&highlight=isotope

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Not a single Lotus website has updated color lists that I can find.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The first pic looks really nice, and I can see how it is very close to KG, and maybe is the same color with a new name. I don't think anyone can say that it has less yellow or more yellow (both comments were made) based on these pics. We all know how different these colors are under different lighting conditions, and even worse, with different digital cameras and color enhancement settings.

I think the above pics give us a good idea of this new color, but you really need to reserve judgement for a real life Lotus in that color allowing you to walk all around it.

However, based on what I see above (let's pretend it is a very accurate representation of the true color), I think I like it a little better than the KG.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When I get an elise/exige I am totally going for kyrpton/isotope. If I like kyrpton more I will have to do a repaint :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
For the record...I was wrong.:thwack: I believe that pic IS Isotope!:crazyeyes I did indeed see a color swatch, actual paint, and it is virtually KG but a bit darker...more subdued. Lotus also "disco'd" a couple other colors yet really just barely changed up the old ones like you see here.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts