The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

My original battery went dead after 6 years. I picked the replacement from the dealership.

I didn't have the key in the ignition, made sure I did everything right. put in the new battery in, put the key in the ignition. waited till all the lights came on and turned the car on. things looked fine, except:

I have the check engine light, service light and traction control light stays on.

My AC also quit working. Everything was working just fine before the battery went dead.

Anyone else had this happen? if so, what did you do to get it fixed? I am probably going to drive it to the dealership tomorrow to get it reset but its Houston and its hot and humid as hell already.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

My original battery went dead after 6 years. I picked the replacement from the dealership.

I didn't have the key in the ignition, made sure I did everything right. put in the new battery in, put the key in the ignition. waited till all the lights came on and turned the car on. things looked fine, except:

I have the check engine light, service light and traction control light stays on.

My AC also quit working. Everything was working just fine before the battery went dead.

Anyone else had this happen? if so, what did you do to get it fixed? I am probably going to drive it to the dealership tomorrow to get it reset but its Houston and its hot and humid as hell already.
Disconnect the negative battery terminal and step on the brake pedal for 10 seconds. Reconnect and see if that changes anything.

San

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
It's supposed to drain any little voltage remaining out of your circuits, I also heard you can hit your horn button too.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
It's supposed to drain any little voltage remaining out of your circuits, I also heard you can hit your horn button too.
Yes, but I've never used the horn as a "release".

San

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

Tried the battery thing and that didnt work. Called the dealership and took it down there.

They hooked it up and the ECM was totally wiped. didnt even have my VIN. He had to contact Lotus and get them to send the file and reflash it. 2 hours later, everything works fine, no lights and the AC works too.

funny little cars I tell ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts