The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
They lost all credibility after they got rid of Joe Isuzu as their spokes person. ;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Haven't you guys gotten the press release, In light of the new leadership at LCU, Joe Isuzu has been resurrected. Name changed to "Joe Lotus"

Expect a nationwide ad campaign to run in prime time slots during WB network programming!!:D Rumoe has it also in negotiations with CBS to run Joe Lotus spots during American Idol, and Survivor.

Really a shame that "The Duke" had a previous engagement or he could have been brought back in to singlehandedly save Isuze like he's going to do for Lotus!

Chris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
ran like a top.
Spun out a lot in it, did you? :huh: rotfl

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
My first car was a Isuzu Impulse and I loved it. I know that we all hold special places for our first cars but the Impulse was really a great 1st car. Dependable, stylish (this was an early model) and sporty enough to get into trouble. I think Isuzu got too tied up in this whole SUV thing. I think they also lost sight of the advertising side of things. It's at the point now where so little is known about Isuzu by people in this country that their demise is no surprise. By killing the Rodeo (their best selling model0 and postponing their only new product past 2006, this is the end of the brand as far as I can tell. They should have kept their cars in the US lineup (odd to hear in this day and age) and gone head to head against Subaru with the AWD set-up designed for the Impulse and M100 Elan (which Lotus never got around to producing).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts