The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know considering that I am installing a super sweet supercharger on an awesome car and have over 35 gallons of homemade beer, I have no one to help me do all this work .... I must smell really bad or be terribly annoying. Here is a list of upgrades that are in or going in, Prorad radiator, Boe rev 400, surgetank, catchcan, full exhaust, clamhinge, new stereo, boost/afr gauge, wheels and tires, powder coating misc stuff..... anyone in CT area wanna drink and pretend to work on my car?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
I've often told people I've had as much fun laying on cardboard under the car as I've had driving it! Looks like some awesome fun. It's so great how it's possible to do so much on these cars ourselves.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I'm in..... PM me with details. I'm looking to do a similar set up and would enjoy helping you. I've installed the clam hinge already, and pulled the front off for some work too two years ago so I have experience with the Elise body. by the way, the beer.... an IPA?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You can only lure me if you have all grain beverages fermented with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis and Brettanomyces Lambicus (adjuncts of peach, apple or raspberry are okay), regular Lagers and Ales just aren't challenging enough. Although, .. an oatmeal cherry stout might hit the spot. ;)
All joking aside, I used to competitively brew; good luck on your effort. Please post lots of pictures.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have on tap... a ESB, IPA, oktoberfest, Holiday beer and mystery beer. Shoot me a PM. I will be working on it most weekends. The body panels get dropped off at the shop next week for repair and paint (I hit a 17 wheelers tire that fell off on the highway). I figure this project should take me another couple months to finish at this rate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My black car made north of 440 to the wheels on pump gas, I know Aztecs car makes almost well over 500 on race gas .
There's a few there

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I remember the first time I pulled the car apart for a project. Once you do it, you will be amazed on how easy it is and will find yourself pulling off the body work for lots of things. Just because it is easier in the long run

Good luck with the project!

I would help but after being on deployment and not drinking. I would truely be on the floor;)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
you go girl! I know the feeling of anticipation...did you grab those items during black Friday? Looking forward to a "brew filled build thread". Say that 5 times fast. Your car is about to become "point & shoot". BTW - you may want the clutch too, and if you go that way - consider one S111 sport insert in the rear engine mount also..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ziker, in the end you chose the REV400, nice :p I read earlier that you'd go for the REV300 package :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have 320 hp and all I can say is gentle use of throttle!!!

I am so accustomed to steering with the rear that I am glad I am putting a SC on my girlfriends Elise as it will make it easier on me to get hers around the track :D

I am still struggling with mid corner and track out with my power. The car is fine, its the nut behind the wheel that needs tightening

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ziker, in the end you chose the REV400, nice :p I read earlier that you'd go for the REV300 package :)
I changed my mind. After sitting down and figuring out what I really want the car for I decided it made the most sense to go bigger. I know this will sound like sacrilege but I really like blasting down the highway and away from lights. And in the end, the rev 400 with the rest of the upgrades came to about 3k more than the rev 300 so I picked up a few extra hours to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
You will love it, once you have the power you can't live without it. Ran mine this last weekend at Daytona on the Rolex 24 circuit and watching corvettes and porsche 911 disappear in your rearview mirror on the high banks is priceless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where are you in CT? I'm in Harwinton. I've just ordered the VF stage 2 and plan to be installing that over the winter. I've done the tilting clam, A/F & boost gauges as well as the motor mounts +sport cat & mufler. We should be be to share some notes if nothing else especially if you're close by.

Dave

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have the VF2 and will be installing one on my girlfriends car in the next few weeks. Hit me up with any question

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
You will love it, once you have the power you can't live without it. Ran mine this last weekend at Daytona on the Rolex 24 circuit and watching corvettes and porsche 911 disappear in your rearview mirror on the high banks is priceless
Love it!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
whoa lots of responses. Im working on the car in Manchester which is about 20 minutes from Hartford. I should be pulling the trans this weekend for the clutch,flywheel and LSD install. Probably finishing up the AFR/Boostgauge and stereo install as well. Next weekend should be valve springs and retainers , maybe painting the prorad (its all ready installed but I forgot to paint it) . Let me know who wants to stop by this weekend for a bit of beer drinking.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
so are you going with the smaller pulley?...What do you expect to the wheels? I'm thinking not 400hp as you are not installing a Nikasil block & pistons? Or are you just going for it anyway?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts