The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving around in my "Serebo1" edition Lotus. This car gets TOO MUCH ATTENTION!!! Not to mention the question of "which ferrari is that?" :no:

I thought my hummer was an attention getter but damn....this car, is beautiful and worth all of my hard work and patience.

Thanks again Alan and Abe!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
driving around in my "Serebo1" edition Lotus. This car gets TOO MUCH ATTENTION!!! Not to mention the question of "which ferrari is that?" :no:

I thought my hummer was an attention getter but damn....this car, is beautiful and worth all of my hard work and patience.

Thanks again Alan and Abe!
That was such a good deal! Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post up pics in a couple of days. I'm getting the roof and engine cover/hood today.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm just afraid to drive it and leave it anywhere! It seriously draws soooooooo much attention. People honk at me, give me a thumbs up. Gangster girls say "oooh I like your car eh" haha :huh:

It seems I can only drive it and bring it back home :D

One day I'll quit being scared

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That had me laughing pretty hard.
you probably get that stuff too, you're close enough to actual Mexico (New Mexico is NOT MEXICO)...although population statistics may say otherwise lol

some of those girls, I'm afraid to even look at em...BAM pregnant! rotfl

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Instructions per Alan Sereboff...

"stand 3-5 feet directly in front of the car, and just stare at it for a while"

Well Alan, I did it and it's just as awesome as you said! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm jealous haha

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well guys, I love this car. But I have a question. Today while driving to work I'm mysteriously started getting some resistance and what sounds like grinding when shifting into 2nd....oh noooo!!!!!!!

From 1st to 2nd or from 3rd to 2nd. It just started happening. Keep in mind this car has not been driven in forever until I owned it. Although there is resistance and noise, it does shift into 2nd. Any easy suggestions? I'm nervous haha

on a side note, there are some times that it does shift "okay". but I'm afraid to shift into 2nd in fear of destroying something. Admittedly I'm not the most experienced with Lotus cars, but I can drive manual transmission cars. This has been asked but is there a certain rpm that is best to shift at? I'll admit that I do not shift when the "shift light" comes on...which may be bad, I'm not a fan of high RPMs on cars, but I know the Elise is a different beast. I'm just hoping things work out. I don't want to do repairs yet

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Well guys, I love this car. But I have a question. Today while driving to work I'm mysteriously started getting some resistance and what sounds like grinding when shifting into 2nd....oh noooo!!!!!!!

From 1st to 2nd or from 3rd to 2nd. It just started happening. Keep in mind this car has not been driven in forever until I owned it. Although there is resistance and noise, it does shift into 2nd. Any easy suggestions? I'm nervous haha

on a side note, there are some times that it does shift "okay". but I'm afraid to shift into 2nd in fear of destroying something. Admittedly I'm not the most experienced with Lotus cars, but I can drive manual transmission cars. This has been asked but is there a certain rpm that is best to shift at? I'll admit that I do not shift when the "shift light" comes on...which may be bad, I'm not a fan of high RPMs on cars, but I know the Elise is a different beast. I'm just hoping things work out. I don't want to do repairs yet
Sounds like 2nd gear synchro may be going bad, common problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's what I think too, I have done a lot of research on it...I'm just afraid to admit it. I really hope it's something as simple as me shifting wrong, or really low fluid.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jamie.

Here's the rundown. i can shift 1-2-3-4-5-6....6-5-4-3...and then can't get to 2. That is the synchro...according to everything.

I don't know everything about it but...When in 3rd If I come to a complete stop, I can shift into 2nd. And when at a stop I can shift whatever I want. still seem like the synchro?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts