The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newest car to be used by Italian Police is seen in this photo made available by Italian police Thursday, May, 13, 2004. This high performance 2-seater Laborghini Gallardo car, using a V10 cylinder DOHC four valve V90 5 liter, 500 Hp engine, can reach the top speed of 309 km/h (192 Mph). The car, received by Italian Police as a gift from the Italian car factory, will be used along highways in southern Italy. (AP Photo/Italian Police)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Square logo ahead of the front wheel on the curved surface...:no:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats just too funny. My cousin is a police officer in southern italy(Naples) and that would be halarious to see him driving that. Although I find that very hard to believe. I guess they could use it to catch all of those other Italian sports cars that are driving too fast on the autostrada. -Michael.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Completely genuine (far as I've been told). It was made for the 152nd anniversary of the "Polizia di Stato". I am confused however, as to why it was not deliveryed with e-gear, as it is more practical.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Vantage said:
Completely genuine. It was made for the 152nd anniversary of the "Polizia di Stato". I am m confused however, as to why it was not deliveryed with e-gear, as it is more practical.
The top picture just looks very fake:confused: I guess they photoshoped it a bit...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if it's true or not, but it could be: for the last 50 years the Polizia di Stato (State Police) has been receiving several "special edition" gift vehicles, usually stored in a dedicated museum in Rome, in which you can find even a Ferrari 250 GT...
In this case, though, I think that MAYBE (it looks photoshopped to me, too) Lamborghini has just painted a Gallardo in the Polizia colour scheme, but I can't believe they'd give it away for free.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doh!

It's actually a gift from Lamborghini: it will be mainly used on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria (near Naples), probably the worst autostrada in the world, in medical emergency cases.

·
Registered
143 Posts
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/odd_italy_police_dc

The Cops Are Chasing Me in a WHAT?

Fri May 14,10:16 AM ET

ROME (Reuters) - If you are thinking about speeding on Italian highways this year, think twice. You might find yourself being chased by a Lamborghini.

Italian police took possession Friday of a sleek, 500 horsepower, two-seater Lamborghini Gallardo, which can hit a top speed of 185 miles per hour.

The sports car, painted in the police's distinctive blue and white colors, comes complete with a flashing blue light on the roof and will initially patrol the Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway -- a road notorious in Italy for wild driving.

The Lamborghini will also be used to transport human organs for emergency operations.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
okay its no Lamborghini, but this Hemi powered Dodge Magnum police car looks kind of cool....

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
ivan1 said:
okay its no Lamborghini, but this Hemi powered Dodge Magnum police car looks kind of cool....
looks like a paddywagon to me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts