The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here like to drive? Let's organize something. It doesn't have to be a big event.

Let's see what dates/days people are generally available.

I was thinking maybe lunch --> driving --> karting or driving --> or driving --> lunch --> karting or some similar combination.

Any interest? :confused:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Only if its on this coast ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm in (depending on the day/time )

I live/work in NYC so it's tough for me to get out for a drive at a decent hour on weekdays. That said, with some advanced notice i should be able to do a weekend drive no problem...

And if driving isn't an option i'm always down for a get together and some beers.

For some stupid reason i've managed miss every single area event so far (including karting and the NY auto show)... Definitely looking to change that streak.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Pauli33, weekdays just don't work for me in this time of the year (too busy with work) to be able to do a drive. At least not during daylight.
Weekends do work for me!
@BM: show us something of roads you found around Greenwich!

Get togethers/Beer drinking gathering of course do work during weekdays!! :D And weekends!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Keep me posted.

·
Registered
740 Posts
OK, let's see if we can organize something the upcoming weekend (a drive, not a beer thingy, these things don't combine), the great-greenwich-and-surroundings-drive or something like that.
Please add your name behind the timetable(s) which work(s) for you, the timetable with the most names behind it will win.

Sa 04/05 AM, let's say 10AM-1PM: Bav.M (Mike), Kaliuzhkin (Dan), Eliseizit (Phil)
Sa 04/05 PM, let's say 2PM-5PM: Bav.M (Mike), Kaliuzhkin (Dan),
Sa 04/06 AM, let's say 10AM-1PM: Bav.M (Mike)
Sa 04/06 PM, let's say 2PM-5PM: Bav.M (Mike)

Meeting point: TBA (HRM Port Chester or something like that?)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm available Saturday. :nanner:

Lets be very clear about who's going, where we're meeting - we had an event a few months ago, in Greenwich, Ct., for which I waited in vain at HRM in Port Chester, someone else waited at HRM in Greenwich, and a few other people made their own arrangements. :(

I even have a cell phone now so I can use that to synchronize.

Dan

·
Registered
740 Posts
Post #8 edited

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I would be up for karting/lunch...have to wait for the drive until my car gets here (ETA 5/15).....

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm available Saturday. :nanner:

Lets be very clear about who's going, where we're meeting - we had an event a few months ago, in Greenwich, Ct., for which I waited in vain at HRM in Port Chester, someone else waited at HRM in Greenwich, and a few other people made their own arrangements. :(

I even have a cell phone now so I can use that to synchronize.

Dan

Ack. How did that happen? I promise that won't happen again. From now on, I get everyone's cell #s so I know where everyone is. I am also pretty handy with directions.

I would be up for karting/lunch...have to wait for the drive until my car gets here (ETA 5/15).....

Bring the pilot :p Or catch a ride with me. ;)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:wave:

hi guys, im free Saturday... and Sunday.... and stef is having a sleepover, so ill be looking to get away for the weekend anyway.

bm, keep me posted. is there a ax on either day?

rob

·
Registered
161 Posts
OK, let's see if we can organize something the upcoming weekend (a drive, not a beer thingy, these things don't combine), the great-greenwich-and-surroundings-drive or something like that.
Please add your name behind the timetable(s) which work(s) for you, the timetable with the most names behind it will win.

Sa 04/05 AM, let's say 10AM-1PM: Bav.M (Mike), Kaliuzhkin (Dan),Eliseizit (Phil)
Sa 04/05 PM, let's say 2PM-5PM: Bav.M (Mike), Kaliuzhkin (Dan),
Sa 04/06 AM, let's say 10AM-1PM: Bav.M (Mike)
Sa 04/06 PM, let's say 2PM-5PM: Bav.M (Mike)

Meeting point: TBA (HRM Port Chester or something like that?)
I'd love to go..can only make it Sat 10-1..lmk

Phil

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mike, I had a nice drive (well, nice but not challenging) drive on LI yesterday late afternoon after I got back from the city. It was warmish. Should give you a call next time.

I may be up for Sat afternoon or Sun morning drive. I'll need to confirm the time for some sports I'm involved with.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike, I had a nice drive (well, nice but not challenging) drive on LI yesterday late afternoon after I got back from the city. It was warmish. Should give you a call next time.

I may be up for Sat afternoon or Sun morning drive. I'll need to confirm the time for some sports I'm involved with.

How's Saturday 11:30? That'll give you plenty of time to eat, get ready and drive here :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts