The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the view - standing at the front nose of the car looking down at the left wheel area. Black plastic wheel well in view with item on top. oil hose (i believe) is also in view.

the previous owner attached this to the front right wheel well (above the black plastic on the top of the right wheel (inside protected from the elements). I noticed it wasn't in the instructions when i dissected the front end of the car...

anyone know what it is and if this is a bad place for it? I'm guessing no since it hasn't caused any issues...

and a followup question - does this look like the stock oil line?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is the fan control module. There should be a bracket rivited to the front extention of the winshield frame, on the pass side, that this slips into.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Limeaid. For some reason, they removed it and riveted it into the current location. possibly to make room for the nitrons... :/

I tried my best to unslip it off, but it gave me a terrible time and i gave up.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
CMP said:
and a followup question - does this look like the stock oil line?
yes, that is the stock line & fitting

you may already be aware of the common issue with those, but if you notice an oil on/around those fittings then i would recommend you look into replacing them ASAP (although from that pic they look ok for now)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts