The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!! I'm Alessando, I' 28 and I live in the north of Italy happy owner of Lotus Elise s2 look alike type 72 (or type 72 fake edition if you preferer!! rotfl )

First of all, I wuold like to apologize for my english and for all the mistakes I'll do in the near future but it's nearly 4 years that I don't use it and it's getting horrible day after day.

I've been informed about your interesting forum from the president of my club (the Lotus Club Italy) so I'm here to visit your threads and to collect informations about the american Lotus life and to discover the differences between our Lotus and yours (for example in Europe the type 72D does not exist!! :mad:)

I really like drive my own car, I live in a small town with road plenty of bends as like as I love drive my car on tracks like Monza, Franciacorta, Varano (the most italian popular)

Here you are a pict of my own:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Italy (and in Europe) the type 72 D doesn't exist, anyway I think that the rear wing Exige style is more beautiful and racing style.

However I've also to up-grade my soft roof, car is my 2001 and it has the soft top with the long tail ...

my car is always a working progress... Once I'll finish it, maybe the series Elise 3 will be out on sale.. :p .. but, anyway, it's my car and I love her. :)

thank you soo much everybody for the welcome!

Does anybody ever been to Italy??

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does anybody ever been to Italy??
I road the train and backpacked through Italy in the summer of 2001. In Italy, I walked around Genova, Milano, Bologna, Pisa, Roma, Venice, Napoli, and my favorite Cinque Terre (near La Spezia). I visited Montorosso and hiked the goat trail to Vernazza and then went onto the other ports. I loved the villages of Cinque Terre. The locals were very friendly and there weren't many tourists at the time. The food was absolutely fresh. Everyone in the village seemed to be a 13th generation fisherman or 10th generation baker or have long ancestry to the village and the job that they do. A local pub owner even remembered my name when I returned later that summer for a second visit. It was the only place I revisited during my trip of all of Europe. Absolutely wonderful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
your nick sound to me something delicious!!

you visited, in my own hopinion, some of the most beautiful italian places, places very close to the Toscana riviera choosen by Lotus for the ufficial photos (Forte Dei Marmi - Portofino).... Cinque Terre is a wonderfull place!!
unfortunately these are not the places where I live... I'm in the north west of Italy, about 50 km south to Turin, where took place the winter olipics last year.
My county is too mouch famous fore the red wines, like Barolo, Barbaresco Nebbiolo.... for lovers of red wine is almost a must!!

now you can easily immagine: lotus + a lot of bends + red wine ..... it's a hard life!! rotfl:p

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
:wave:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ciao Alessando! Great looking car! Italy is definitely my favorite country in the world! You have the best wine (I love Vino Nobile) and also the best food (prosciutto, bresaola and parmesan!). Do you get a lot of attention in your Lotus? The closest I have been to your town is Lake Como...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ciao Alessando! Great looking car! Italy is definitely my favorite country in the world! You have the best wine (I love Vino Nobile) and also the best food (prosciutto, bresaola and parmesan!). Do you get a lot of attention in your Lotus? The closest I have been to your town is Lake Como...
another wonderfull place!!

Yes I get a lot of attention in my Lotus, when I bought it was not so well mainteined from the previous owner... I gave it a sort of second born, not complete yet... I'm already looking for the short soft roof, the hard top, the 3 ways rear diffuser and a new exausting system (I don't know if Janspeed stage 2 or Larini).... I've got time, day by day I'll see what to do!!

I'm also studying a personal stickers desing in order to celebrate the 4 Ayrton Senna's victories in '85 and '86... a sort of personal JPS look..

now it figures as follows:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes for sure!! It's one of most active european Lotus club.. you can read a paragraph about our club in the Official Lotus Magazine. There's an interwiew with our president Karlo..

Last year he organized 36 events!! ... on 52 weeks in a year it is not so bad!!
actually I'm the forum admin of our club.

On the end of April we will be at Hockenheimring for the Jim Clark's revival, nearly 500 Lotus of all over Europe booked the place for now... that's great!!

more info here: http://www.jimclark-revival.com/

by car from my home it's about more than 700 Kms to go and also to come back home, a nice way to spend four days!!:shift:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here you are two pics of me and my girlfriend on our Elise at the out of the Ascari chicane on the track of Monza (the one of the F1 Italian GP) ... Pothos have been taken on December 2007 and unfortunately the weather was not so good...

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome! I want to drive on Monza :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Welcome! Nice car you got there! :up:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Welcome! Great pics.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
your nick sound to me something delicious!!

you visited, in my own hopinion, some of the most beautiful italian places, places very close to the Toscana riviera choosen by Lotus for the ufficial photos (Forte Dei Marmi - Portofino).... Cinque Terre is a wonderfull place!!
unfortunately these are not the places where I live... I'm in the north west of Italy, about 50 km south to Turin, where took place the winter olipics last year.
My county is too mouch famous fore the red wines, like Barolo, Barbaresco Nebbiolo.... for lovers of red wine is almost a must!!

now you can easily immagine: lotus + a lot of bends + red wine ..... it's a hard life!! rotfl:p
I spent a few months in your part of Italy. I was in some very small towns. The picture is me with my 1st Mercedes in Trittango in 1967. I was also in Alfiano Natta and Brusasco. These towns are in the Province of Alessandria. The wine was great and the roads are made for a car like your Elise.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts