The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone used an Antigravity battery in their Lotus? I can get those in a couple of days, but the Shorai is going to be 4-6 weeks from the dealers I've contacted.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah I'm loosing my settings after a drive... so I'm thinking a battery replacement is imminent... Anybody with anti-gravity batteries in their lotus?? wondering as well..

·
Registered
239 Posts
my exige only gets driven once in awhile (store in a separate storage place away from my condo). anyways, I have tried many of the above options. For me, it was either coming back to a dead battery or use the cut off switch every time when I dont drive for 5+ days.

since, I have switched to a bigger costco battery (i know sacrilegious) and so far my car never died once even if I dont drive it for more than 3+week. (I dont track my car and more weight wasnt a huge issue for me vs dead battery and not able to drive my car adhoc)

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Has anyone used an Antigravity battery in their Lotus? I can get those in a couple of days, but the Shorai is going to be 4-6 weeks from the dealers I've contacted.
I ordered the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 from Amazon Monday night. It arrives Thursday. Forget your dealers.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
I ordered the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 from Amazon Monday night. It arrives Thursday. Forget your dealers.
It's truly an amazing battery - I have NEVER had to use the charger. Started right up after sitting for 26 days with the alarm LED just flashing away :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 on the way. I had read that they struggle when cold and some people add a super capacitor. Or crank a few times until it warms up.

Is it really a problem or is it only in super cold weather and in that case I could just leave the lights on for a bit?

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
SHORAI!!!

15-30 seconds of lights and fine on my bigger engined Evora.

Had an Odyssey PC??9?625 for years in my Elise

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,901 Posts
I have a Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 on the way. I had read that they struggle when cold and some people add a super capacitor. Or crank a few times until it warms up.

Is it really a problem or is it only in super cold weather and in that case I could just leave the lights on for a bit?
It never gets "super cold" here. I leave mine on the charger (Exige) as it doesn't get driven much, and the parasitic draw from the alarm can be an issue. I have another Shorai for my R1M and it's never seen the charger. A friend here has a C6 daily driver with the LFX36 and he's been good for over 4 years.

San

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
San, what bracket are you using? Can I use the Inokinetic extender bracket? Seems to be the same size as the Deka EXT20L. Thanks.

·
6,901 Posts
San, what bracket are you using? Can I use the Inokinetic extender bracket? Seems to be the same size as the Deka EXT20L. Thanks.
I honestly don't know who makes/made it. It was in the car when I bought it. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the knowledge.

San

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Thanks, do you like the Shorai more than the Deka aside from weight saving? I don't track my car and it sits a lot in the garage.

·
6,901 Posts
Thanks, do you like the Shorai more than the Deka aside from weight saving? I don't track my car and it sits a lot in the garage.
The Deka/Big Crank/Insert various name here (all made by East Penn) are fine but I prefer the lightness of the Shorai and their customer service is outstanding. It comes at a price, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.

My Exige S sits in the garage a lot as my motorcycles are in the way. I leave the Shorai charger attached in storage mode. The nice thing about the Shorai charger is it conditions the cells individually, it doesn't treat the battery as one storage device like other chargers do. Not a big deal for "normal" batteries.

San

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Do you have the link for the shorai? Which model battery and charger should I get? Do I need to purchase the terminals separate? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Is the Shorai 423819 the same as the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12? I'm looking in Amazon and they look identical. The 423819 model I can get one day shipping. They appear to be the same.

·
6,901 Posts
Is the Shorai 423819 the same as the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12? I'm looking in Amazon and they look identical. The 423819 model I can get one day shipping. They appear to be the same.
According to the Product Information -> Technical Details section of this link, it is the same.

San

·
6,901 Posts
Do you have the link for the shorai? Which model battery and charger should I get? Do I need to purchase the terminals separate? Thanks.
Shorai only has one charger I'm aware of. I don't know what type of connections you have on the end of your battery cables, so I can't answer about the terminals.

San

21 - 40 of 50 Posts