·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the new owner of my car drive away. It was nauseating. :(

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
When I picked up my Europa quite a few years ago, the previous owner was almost in tears as we trailered it off into the sunset. He owned it for 20 years.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watching your Elise drive away is like watching your party-animal, great-in-the-sack, smoking-hot-but-not-mother-material girlfriend walk away for the last time.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I don't look forward to that day ! :mad:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Reminds me of that Michelin tire commercial where the Michelin man finishes cuddling a tire and then releases it into the sea of other Michelin tires which are waiting to be distributed.

He is sad, until a new tire rolls down the assembly line for him to fondle. That will be you some day.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9B0IyPlqY8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9B0IyPlqY8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:(

rotfl Yeah, it will be a sad day when my girlfriend leaves too. -eek-
Yeah, but the wife will be glad !!!
I should've rephrased that to: I can't wait for the tears to flow watching RoadDad trailering my Europa into the sunset !!! :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Not sure I will feel the same way....

I'd be happy about the new replacement.. :) as I only sell sports cars to get sports cars...

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get another one after I get my old medical bills squared away, and after the discomfort from my surgery finally subsides. It hurts to get in and out of the car these days.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just try to think of the joy that the new owner will get from driving it. :wave:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
214 Posts
Watching your Elise drive away is like watching your party-animal, great-in-the-sack, smoking-hot-but-not-mother-material girlfriend walk away for the last time.
Serious condolences, Cardinal. Celebrating one year of my own affair with Elise this week, I think you summarized the emotional context quite well. Better to have loved for a while than not to have loved at all. . .

·
Registered
46 Posts
At my Title Transfer, the old owner hesitated during the final sign, I could see it in his body language he didn't want to do it. I'm very glad he did though and I gave his car a good home. If that's any consolation....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to hear you sold it. But just wait, maybe next spring you'll have a new one.

Wendy

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear you sold it. But just wait, maybe next spring you'll have a new one.

Wendy
Maybe, Wendy. First I have to wait and see how I feel. In the meantime, I have been kicking some ideas around for a nifty replacement.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts