The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of work on the S4, aside from charging the A/C system, I proclaim it DONE. Not a leak to be seen anywhere; valve lash is spot-on and absolutely absent of the pre-maintenance 'tapping'; throttle response and boost-build are unlike the pre-maintenance characteristics, and it shifts like a rifle-bolt vs. the stick in the pudding feel before. The new PNM brake kit works wonderfully (though it dusts too much for my tastes..) and the 20mm wheel spacers provide a car stance that the S4 cried-out for.

With your indulgence, I thought that I'd share a few driveway photos....

Bob

Attachments

Registered
Awesome! So much to be proud of here.

Wingless Wonder
Lookin' good Bob! (Even, with a WING installed!) :grin2:

And its nice that it runs as well as it looks.

PS: Why are two of the photos date-stamped 2011?

Registered
HaHaHaHa...Lotus' aren't 'done' when they leave the factory!!!

Still, truly looks great.

Premium Member
Said aloud as I paged down through the pics: "My that's a good looking car."

Beautiful. Feel free to indulge your vanity with pictures like that any time - it keeps the rest of us focused.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Engine shot and a photo of the installed battery cover. I epoxied 10mm nuts into some old plastic radio knobs as hold downs, but they're too tall and interfere with fitting the toolbox atop the cover, so I'll need a couple of wing nuts. Toolbox tie down strap is ordered from SJS.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
Lookin' good Bob! (Even, with a WING installed!) :grin2:

And its nice that it runs as well as it looks.

PS: Why are two of the photos date-stamped 2011?
Pulled an old Sony digital camera off the shelf and overlooked setting the correct date on it, Atwell.

Registered
Lovely work Bob. The car shows your diligence and thoroughness in your work. You are now a true Lotus uber-nerd - welcome to the club. And I love the color - Calypso Red is, well, just what a Lotus should look like... Not that I am biased....

Attachments

Registered
Just curious. Did all the s4's come with the Elige steering wheel or is this common upgrade?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice!

You mentioned the stance? It is a bit lower than factory now? Anyways looks really good.
Correct factory ride height, David. In fact, I had to remove the locking collar on the front Spax shocks to attain the correct ride height as it sat too high before it's removal. You can see the 2 locking rings on the ride height adjustment below the lower spring seat; did not have an option. Might be the angles of the photos. Here's the Spax along with the PNM 4 piston billet caliper/larger rotor conversion and H&R 20mm wheel spacer fitted:

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious. Did all the s4's come with the Elige steering wheel or is this common upgrade?
They did not. That is an Elise wheel with an adaptor from a Lotus Talk member who did a brilliant job. Not only is/was the GM wheel UGLY AS SIN, it was so large that driving the car was a chore.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, and in the engine bay too. That is the definitive mark of the uber-nerd....
Indeed it is, Tom! I also put wheel wells in the very same litmus test category. My first car was a VW beetle (eventually heavily modified with 1,900cc engine and an assortment of suspension upgrades making it my 'poor man's 911') and the fenderwells were factory painted as well as the outerbody. I would wax the fenderwells鈥.it is a sickness.
Bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts