The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of work on the S4, aside from charging the A/C system, I proclaim it DONE. Not a leak to be seen anywhere; valve lash is spot-on and absolutely absent of the pre-maintenance 'tapping'; throttle response and boost-build are unlike the pre-maintenance characteristics, and it shifts like a rifle-bolt vs. the stick in the pudding feel before. The new PNM brake kit works wonderfully (though it dusts too much for my tastes..) and the 20mm wheel spacers provide a car stance that the S4 cried-out for.

With your indulgence, I thought that I'd share a few driveway photos....

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Awesome! So much to be proud of here.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
Lookin' good Bob! (Even, with a WING installed!) :grin2:

And its nice that it runs as well as it looks.

PS: Why are two of the photos date-stamped 2011?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
HaHaHaHa...Lotus' aren't 'done' when they leave the factory!!!

Still, truly looks great.

·
424 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
633 Posts
Said aloud as I paged down through the pics: "My that's a good looking car."

Beautiful. Feel free to indulge your vanity with pictures like that any time - it keeps the rest of us focused.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Engine shot and a photo of the installed battery cover. I epoxied 10mm nuts into some old plastic radio knobs as hold downs, but they're too tall and interfere with fitting the toolbox atop the cover, so I'll need a couple of wing nuts. Toolbox tie down strap is ordered from SJS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lookin' good Bob! (Even, with a WING installed!) :grin2:

And its nice that it runs as well as it looks.

PS: Why are two of the photos date-stamped 2011?
Pulled an old Sony digital camera off the shelf and overlooked setting the correct date on it, Atwell.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Lovely work Bob. The car shows your diligence and thoroughness in your work. You are now a true Lotus uber-nerd - welcome to the club. And I love the color - Calypso Red is, well, just what a Lotus should look like... Not that I am biased....

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just curious. Did all the s4's come with the Elige steering wheel or is this common upgrade?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice!

You mentioned the stance? It is a bit lower than factory now? Anyways looks really good.
Correct factory ride height, David. In fact, I had to remove the locking collar on the front Spax shocks to attain the correct ride height as it sat too high before it's removal. You can see the 2 locking rings on the ride height adjustment below the lower spring seat; did not have an option. Might be the angles of the photos. Here's the Spax along with the PNM 4 piston billet caliper/larger rotor conversion and H&R 20mm wheel spacer fitted:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious. Did all the s4's come with the Elige steering wheel or is this common upgrade?
They did not. That is an Elise wheel with an adaptor from a Lotus Talk member who did a brilliant job. Not only is/was the GM wheel UGLY AS SIN, it was so large that driving the car was a chore.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, and in the engine bay too. That is the definitive mark of the uber-nerd....
Indeed it is, Tom! I also put wheel wells in the very same litmus test category. My first car was a VW beetle (eventually heavily modified with 1,900cc engine and an assortment of suspension upgrades making it my 'poor man's 911') and the fenderwells were factory painted as well as the outerbody. I would wax the fenderwells….it is a sickness.
Bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts