The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
One oversight on this thread that I failed to mention and that I purchased my Esprit from Matt Serwacki at Lotus West New York. Like many on this forum, we've all bought more than our fair share of cars....my wife firmly believes it numbers in the hundreds...and with an increasingly failing memory, I'm not about to debate her. But working with Matt on the purchase of the Esprit was pure pleasure and a treasured friendship, rooted in a shared passion for cars and motorsports, arose. The cars he sells are exactly as represented; there are no surprises afterwards. And speaking of afterwards, Matt and his technician, Jeff, are but a phone call away should you need them. Companies talk about their customer service and it usually comes in the form of a coffee machine and free wi-fi....Matt welcomes you to his race shop cleverly disguised as a Lotus dealership and it evokes memories in my mind of Lotus dealerships 'back in the day'. If you haven't been and are within earshot, go pay Matt a visit.

I've likened going to a car dealership right up there with dental visits, but Lotus WNY stands apart from the rest because it is owned/run by an enthusiast in a day and age where dealerships are devoid of people who have little actual interest in cars other than the 'What is it going to take to put you in this car today??' line of customer interaction.

My only regret is that Lotus WNY is 530 miles distant from me....

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had our local detail shop (Reflections Detailing) here in Williamsburg do a one-stage correction on the paint, and finished the car with an application of Zymol's Destiny wax, which retails for $800 for a tub (given to me by a Zymol distributor friend...). The paint nearly explodes off the car; talk about RED!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Beautiful!
I make frequent trips to Williamsburg and will keep an eye out for it.
Will be hard to miss for sure. Just look for the stopped traffic.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The 3 1/2 month, worldwide search for an OEM chargecooler has really put me off, John. Thankfully, the company that helped me out followed-through on the sale, but he hesitated and then jacked-up the price. I don't like being held hostage with no options and having the car sit in the penalty box. Sure, I could have gotten an aftermarket piece, but the car is very original (aside from the brake system) and keeping the appearance was important to me.

It looks like a million bucks! Well, perhaps like 34K bucks, LOL.

Too bad, that you want to sell it!
It looks like a million bucks! Well, perhaps like 34K bucks, LOL.

Too bad, that you want to sell it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bob.... Congrats!! The car looks awesome! A long time ago a bought a small sample of the Atlantique wax, which is even more expensive than the Destiny wax. I used it on my S4s and the results were just stunning!! Still to this day I have not been able to replicate that shine. The depth of the shine was just sick and the car just looked wet all the time. Atwell can attest to how the car looked. I applied it with my fingertips, and believe it or not, the morning after I had to rebuff the car a second time due to the oils resurfacing. That was a first.

I say we get a group buy together and buy the Vintage Zymol wax with unlimited refills for life to just cycle through the guys who take part in the purchase.

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Your car looks amazing (y)
There is only one small problem - Antique license plate - The term "Antique" is often used loosely to describe any object that is old - Your car look like brand new as if it just came out of the factory 😁
They don't make them like that anymore. Do they?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts