The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:
I just sold my pride and joy BMW Z4 in preperation for the Colorado winter. I'm putting my pennies away to save for a Lotus Elise, which I'll be in the market for around March. This is going to be a difficult wait.

My question is, anything I should look out for? Such as, what are the signs of a tracked/ hard-driven car? Maintanence issues? Good/ bad production months? Sources of purchase (other than right here on the sales thread of course). Any advice for a prospective buyer is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am in the Denver area and have owned my car for 3 years. Let me know if you need a second set of eyes, or questions answered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize it would be a bit cheaper to purchase in the winter, and I will if the right deal comes along, but for now I'll wait.
I've been perusing the forums for a couple of weeks now and I'm making myself familiar with the some of the more common issues with the car. If anyone has links to threads that I should keep my eye on, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the offer, Doug!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I am in the Denver area and have owned my car for 3 years. Let me know if you need a second set of eyes, or questions answered.
Doug is the best. I highly suggest you take him along for the inspection when you go to look for a car. He watched out for me. He will do the same for you. A great guy all around.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Doug is the best. I highly suggest you take him along for the inspection when you go to look for a car. He watched out for me. He will do the same for you. A great guy all around.
Stop it, you're making me blush

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts