The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Exige just arrived from New Hampshire at about 9 AM :D Have to wait till 5:30 or 6 to drive it. Im literally shaking im so excited! I knew the car would get attention but seriously every guy that comes to the warehouse next door to where I work is standing there staring at it lol

My view from my desk:

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd be nervous about the backed in SUV parked right next to it... I have bad experiences with people who drive large vehicles that just don't care...

Your car is way to pretty to be dinged up by a Ford.

Keep an eye on that guy!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats actually the company vehicle lol my brother and I are the only ones that drive it so unless my brother is really jealous I feel safe with it there.

Manshoon: LOL! where are you at in Torrance? I have seen a bunch of Lotus' around ever since I started looking at getting one but I dont think I have seen yours.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thats actually the company vehicle lol my brother and I are the only ones that drive it so unless my brother is really jealous I feel safe with it there.

Manshoon: LOL! where are you at in Torrance? I have seen a bunch of Lotus' around ever since I started looking at getting one but I dont think I have seen yours.
I live on artesia, near western, and work on artesia... just past western...

The lotus lives in Fort Worth. My excuse is that I fly to Fort worth and visit family + enjoy a track day.

I need to hang out with Lotusians, even if my Lotus is in Texas. I would LOVE to see your car, B.O. is a fantastic color. I need to go to one of the lotus meets 'round here and get my Lotus fix in between visits back home :D

Have not been to one yet, but I did meet a lot of good cali folks at the Lotus Cup USA race at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats it RBH, the previous owner bought it from them.

Kimgt: I will definitely be at the next one :)

Plackslayer: Havent had lunch yet but I probably wont drive it until after work. Need something to eat and only have 30 min haha I thought about going around the block but I have waited almost 3 months for the car so I can wait a few more hours even though its right in my face!

Manshoon: We will definitely have to meet up. Im probably going to Irvine cars and coffee this weekend. Do you ever go?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Well???

Unless you worked through the night and haven't been out yet, I'm guessing that long awaited drive happened yesterday.......

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, last night i cleaned all the dust off real quick then went to my buddies house to surprise him and show him the car. He actually influenced me to get the Lotus by taking me for a ride in his LS1 RX-7. After that my Mustang felt way too big and heavy. I never told him what I got just that I had something on the way.

Then took two friends for a ride, one of which thought the Lotus was going to feel weak when I first started talking about getting one. Kept saying how going from a 600 hp Mustang to a 250 hp Lotus would be a downgrade. He took that back when I punched it to about 75% throttle lol

After that I went to In N Out with a couple friends. Went inside to eat and made sure to sit so I could watch the car. While we are inside I see this crappy Tacoma pull up behind it, stop, back up and park, then the two guys get out. My heart was beating really fast cuz I had never had this type of thing happen in the Mustang and I was worried they were going to mess with it. No, one guy posed next to it and the other takes a picture then they drive off! haha gunna have to get used to that.

Drives like a dream, I love the power, handling, everything. The lack of power steering is a little different but I am already pretty much used to it. I will probably try to take some pictures tonight

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Congrats, man. I remember that feeling when my car arrived during the middle f my work day, too! What kind of front splitter is that?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the car. I was the last one to drive my car when I got it. My brother picked it up, my other brother and sister rode it, then I finally got home to give it a spin.

Yeap, get use the the wanted and unwanted attention it attracts!

BTW, what kind of side shirt is that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts