The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is being prepped right now, and I'm on my way to go get it! What should I check before I sign the paperwork?

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
atyclb said:
check the starshield closely if you got it
cancelled it. Going to go independant.

I just don't want to be a few hundred miles away, and then have an issue.

I plan on looking at the oil coolers closely....if I can.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Check the paint work; also check the wheels for scratches. Turn on the radio and make certain it can pickup both AM and FM. Check the battery cables to make sure they are secure. Headlight alignment is another thing you should verify. Speaking of alignment; make certain that your steering wheel is dead center when the wheels are straight.. Lastly try to take note of the car's geo when the giddiness subsides.

Just in time for the weekend... Welcome to ownership :clap:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Make sure it has all the loose bits.

Little tool holder with velcro containing one towing eye, two allen wrenches, locking lug adapter and a lug spline key.

Owners manual.

Soft top. Bag.

Two keys. Paper from alarm company.

Most things you might find can be taken care of at the first service.

Congrats!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Why the oil cooler inspection?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
babak said:
Why the oil cooler inspection?
I would assume to see if he has one of the leakers.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The oil cooler leak led to an alteration in assembly process VERY soon after the first batch got to customers, no longer should be an issue.

Chris

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Make sure it has all the loose bits.
This is a very useful checklist. What else comes with the car that could be forgotten or left out?

Stereo manual?

Stereo removal tool?

Two keys + two fobs, right?

Starsheild card.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
The oil cooler leak led to an alteration in assembly process VERY soon after the first batch got to customers, no longer should be an issue.

Chris
Specifics? like what car was the 1st one altered?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
There should be a Blaupunkt box with the manual, wire removal tools, extra not used wiring harness. Some bits. All in the box.

For those picking up the car and driving a distance, have them ship the box to you. It takes up valuable space.

Two keys, two fobs. One of mine was on a Lotus keyring, not sure if that is normal, or if LCU did that for me.

There is a folded paper card with manual alarm codes (should you lose your fob).

A tag on the shifter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congratulations! If I remember right, you are a Criswell customer. Upon your return, could you tell us how many cars got delivered, was there a new Elise there when you left, and what color it is? I'd like to drop by and see it if I'm interested in the color. Thanks, and good luck with the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts